1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

What Reciever and Center Channel

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by MichealHebert, Feb 27, 2004.

1. MichealHebert

MichealHebert Auditioning

Ok after looking into a HTIB and hearing a few (they really do suck) I have decided to try and work with what I have. Currently this is what I have...

Samsung 42' RPTV
    Apex DVD player (don't know the model but it is a very basic one, but does have digital decoding through coaxial)
    Motorola 5100 HDTV cable box (coaxial and optical outputs)
    Speakers:
    DCM KX-6 Series 2 (100W with 8ohms will use for Front L&R)
    Boston Acustics HD7 (75W with 8ohms will use for surround L&R)

I have ~$240 to spend and was thinking that my best bet would be to get a reciever and a center channel. No need for a sub right now because I live in an apartment complex. I found a decent Pioneer VSXD412S at Circuit City for $180, but I am not set on it. I have been told that it would be best to get a matching DCM center channel but I can't seem to find the one to match the two fronts that I have. I think they are to old? Besides the DCM centers that I found that could handle 100W was $120 which pushes me over my budget. Do I really need to have a DCM center channel? Are there any suggestions for recievers and center channel to best match my set up? Please help....

2. Drew_W

Drew_W Screenwriter

Why is this in A/V sources?