What's new

What recent trailers do you love seeing in front of movies right now? (1 Viewer)

Nicholas Vargo

Second Unit
Real Name
Nicholas Vargo
After seeing the thread about trailers we despise seeing before the movie, I felt it was only natural to have one about trailers we love seeing in front of movies. We're just talking about trailers from about November to now for movies that have either been just released, or are coming soon. Here are mine:

"Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind": This trailer is the one I like most right now. The more I see it, the more I want to see the actual movie. I especially love the use of the song "Mr. Blue Sky" by Electric Light Orchestra. I hope the final effort doesn't disappoint.

"The Dreamers": The trailer for Bernardo Bertolucci's newest film is making me very interested in seeing it. It was attached to the film print of "The Cooler" I saw on Saturday, and I'm interested for what might be in store, even if it gets the dreaded NC-17 rating.

"Lost in Translation": The heartbreak and happiness of the movie is all in that trailer, and it's all there without giving away the ending, something rare these days. it's a perfect trailer for a nearly flawless film.

"Along Came Polly": I only like the trailer, and at this rate just barely after having seen the movie and walking away quite disappointed. Did I laugh? Yes. Did I feel the romance? No, and that was the main problem with the movie. 'Nuff said.

I know there are more, but I can' think of anymore right now.

Andy Sheets

Senior HTF Member
I liked the Spider-Man 2 trailer. Admittedly, I've only seen it once but it was very fun that one time.

Even though the movie's getting pretty bad advance word, I have to admit I like the Chronicles of Riddick trailer. The trailer gives me the vibe of a European comic book :)

Triplets of Belleville was very stimulating. I like seeing animated movies that don't stylistically mimic Disney or anime.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind: Great trailer. I have a brother who's jealous because he hasn't had a chance to see it yet. Really ticked, because I tell him I saw it on a movie, he goes to see the movie (but in a different room), and it's not there.

I don't really think I need to see the teaser for The Stepford Wives again, but the "they're going to let Nicole Kidman be funny" vibe made me no small amount of happy.

I've only seen the Spider-Man 2 and Day After Tomorrow trailers once each, but they're pretty effective.

And since The Brattle will be playing Kill Bill in mid-February, they're sticking the first teaser on every scope film they play. If there's been a better preview in the past ten yeas, I don't remember it.

Vickie_M

Senior HTF Member
Here's another vote for Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, though I've begun to close my eyes now so it's not too ingrained in my head. I'll be very disappointed if those cute little dances by Mark Ruffalo and Kirsten Dunst aren't in the movie. It's my next Very Anticipated film. I saw a longer preview the other day on TV that looks even better.

My other favorite preview is Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow. It just makes me drool with anticipation!

Same here. I can't stand the teaser, but I'm dying to see the movie.

Nicholas Vargo

Second Unit
Real Name
Nicholas Vargo
I think seeing the teaser for "The Poler Express" is one hell of a trip. I'm very impressed with what i've seen so far. The only thing I'm surprised about is that no one has criticized it for being based on a short book so far. Definately can't wait to see that one again.

BTW, Vickie_M, when did you see the longer spot for Eternal Sunshine, and if possible, can you tell me if it is like the teaser trailer, or is it a trailer that fleshes out the plot of the movie more?

Vickie_M

Senior HTF Member

It was on one of the entertainment shows but I don't know which one. I Tivo them this time of year so I can hear what they said about the various awards, and ROTK (they'll go off my Tivo immediately after the Oscars). It was probably Access Hollywood or E! News Live, but it could have been Entertainment Tonight or Extra (pathetic, I know, but I fast forward through them in about 2 minutes keeping an eye out for anything movie-I'm-interested-in-releated.)

I only watched it once, then deleted it. It's not that I'm not interested, I just don't want to get burned out. This is a movie I want to go into knowing as little as possible and I already think I know too much. All I can say is that it was longer, with more scenes of Kate Winslet. It didn't flesh out the plot more, thank goodness.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Got to agree. Just seeing Chris Van Allsburg's artwork brought to life was an incredible experience.

Others I enjoy:
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban - The big event movie on my horizon, and a great trailer to boot. Right now, this carries the greatest potential of the three movies so far. I can't wait.

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind - What can I say, I'm a sucker for ELO.

Day After Tomorrow - The whole screwy news footage is a good hook (and the bit about the Mexican government cutting off the flood of American refugees gives me goosebumps everytime.)

Jersey Girl - cute, polished little trailer. Has a few good gags. And seeing George Carlin changing a diaper never hurts. Plus I'm a huge Kevin Smith fan.

The Passion of the Christ - the original internet trailer is one of the most powerful in recent memory. I think Newmarket should release it as a red-band.

Big Fish - Just a classic, slick, warm-hearted trailer. Sucks you in and gives you a taste of what's to come.

Nathan V

Supporting Actor
The internet Passion of the Christ trailer is hands down, the most powerful and effective trailer I have ever seen, even more so than Pearl Harbor (great trailer, terrible movie) and Braveheart (incredible trailer and movie). I completely agree, that needs to be a red-band theatrical trailer.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation966
Recent bookmarks