What's new

What Receivers and Preamps have Firewire or will have Firewire? (1 Viewer)

J

John Morris

I don't have one but I've heard repeatedly that the Integra RDC-7 has three firewire inputs/outputs?

Mifr44

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
I personally would hold off on that desire to have firewire connections. Since there are no standards (documentation is still version 0.9), at best what you will have is "firewire-capable". It is not known at this time what will be required internal to the component receiving signals from a firewire connection. It is possible that those components with firewire connectors on the rear panel may not be adaptable internally. OTOH, it is possible that a receiver or prepro that does not currently have a firewire connection may be adaptable (i.e. Bryston SP-1).

Michael

Peter_A

Second Unit
The Onkyo 989 can be upgraded to include firewire ports. Now I'm not sure if Onkyo will support this upgrade, but the option is there.

Pete Mazz

Supporting Actor
B&K 307 has one, but I think it's just taking up space on the back panel and not even wired up.

Pete

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks