What's new

What receiver would you recommend for me? (1 Viewer)

Tubby

Agent
Real Name
chris
I am going to purchase the Mitsubishi HC1500 projector soon. what entry level receiver would you guys recommend that has HDMI hookups? i will be only be using it for dvd's and gaming. Also don't know if this matters or not.... i will only be using 2 front tower speakers and the sonotube subwoofer that i made for the audio. Thank you in advance for any help!

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
The entry level Denons sound surprisingly nice and are very full-featured for the price. My only complaint is the unnecessarily confusing manual and remote. Some of them do not pass audio over HDMI, though, if that is important to you. If you shop around, you can get an AVR-788 for under $400 which has two HDMI 1.3a inputs and can handle 7.1 PCM, which would be more than you currently need, but would keep you reasonably future proofed.

Regards,

craig_curtis

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Craig
I love the denon systems. I have one and am going to upgrade it soon (hopefully). Might also check out Onkyo, which get favorable reviews on here, and I read something in august Home Theater magazine that wass favorable about a cheap pioneer, which might be an option.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks