What's new

What receiver is this.. Need Model # (1 Viewer)

MikeGee

Second Unit
I have a question..
i got a pic of a Future Shop flyer thats advertising for boxing day.. THey have a Pioneer receiver going for 500$ canadian i am trying to find out the model # so i can research if this thing is any good because if it is i'll pick it up as a late xmas gift to myself. It sorta looks like one of the Pioneer Elites(but i am sure its not)
I'd get that and the Athena B2's ...

http://s94807337.onlinehome.us/Futureshop%20002.jpg

any help finding out the model# would be great..also opinions on the quality of this specific model would be also helpful...

JohnCZ

Stunt Coordinator
It looks like the 1014tx. I don't know of any other Pioneer with MCAA and a mic (other then the Elites). Also with 110 watts/channel. If it is, its a good one.

The 1014tx is a close copy of the Pioneer Elite 52tx. The 1014tx is currently one of the best receivers for the price.

The one thing is that this could be a bait-&-switch. The $500 Canadian for this receiver is really low. As the advertising states, it is $200 lower then anyone else. Make sure it has a full Canadian warranty! If you can get a new one, buy it. Don't walk...run!

Also, never buy any floor models or open box models from Future Shop!

brentl

Senior HTF Member
After seeing the ad for a few days I'm SURE it's the 1014. Best Buy only got them in a week ago and I wondered why, now I know.

Picking 1 up on Boxing Day, but I'll try online first!

B

MikeGee

Second Unit
Do you think i'd have any luck buying online? Its a door crasher so i am pretty sure you gotta go there to pick it up.
I was hoping it was the 1014... but the 1014 is not 110x4 .. having a 770watt receiver seems a bit sketchy to me...

If its got the warrenty and closed box i'm gonna buy it if i can get near the damn store... its always SOO packed.

For the same price i can get and guarenteed get a Marantz SR4400 (cause its at a differnet store and my friend works there and will pick it up for me)
Whats your opinions on the SR4400? Would you take it over the Pioneer i mentioned... Pioneer still seems to be the winner to me.

DerrikW

Stunt Coordinator
Why are you a bit sketchy on having a 770 watt receiver? The 1014 believe it or not, will do every bit of 110X7. Including all channels driven.

I can't look at the front to confirm if it is a 1014 cuz the link don't work anymore.

If it is indeed a 1014 for that price, I would be running in there paying for it and running out the door so fast their heads would spin.

MikeGee

Second Unit
confirmed... it is a VSX-1014tx-k. It says on the site it has been sold out online already.. tho i'm sure there are a couple in the store which will be bought rather fast. So i'd have to line up pretty damn early

MikeGee

Second Unit
Well most likely i'm going to get the 1014tx...

I was going to get all Athena speakers

As-f2 (front speakers)
As-b2 (rear speakers)
as-c1 (center)

Now do you think the b2's and the C1's are not strong enough to run on the 1014tx? The F2's i know react well to highwattage.. but any opinions on the c1/b2 working with that receiver?

thanks for the help!

brentl

Senior HTF Member
Yeha, I got mine with confirmation at 12:06 a.m., I bought it and checked out right away.

I may pick up another in the morning.

I'll be using mine with the f2s,c1 and atoms.

Brent

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks