what progressive scan DVD player should I get?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by DarrenCarrara, Jan 10, 2002.

1. DarrenCarrara

DarrenCarrara Auditioning

I just bought a Toshiba 50H81 TV. Now I need to upgrade my DVD player accordingly. I would like a progressive scan DVD player but I have no idea of what one to get. In another post everyone was recommending the Panasonic RP91, the only problem is I would rather spend less than $500 if possible.

What do you recomend?

Thanks,

Darren

2. Myram

Myram Second Unit

Panasonic RP-91
    You can get it for around $440 including shipping. Just do a search at www.pricegrabber.com . Or call up www.onecall.com and ask them for their best price on it, they come down alot on their prices when you do this.
    Good Luck

3. Thomas_Berg

Thomas_Berg Screenwriter

Thomas
  4. Scott-C

Scott-C Supporting Actor

I have one on order from J&R, but be advised: I ordered it 10 days ago, and was told they were backordered and would be in stock in 7 to 10 days. I called back today and was told they're still on backorder and I should call back in a week. From what I've heard from CES 2002, the unit is not going to be discontinued, so I guess there's just a backlog due to high demand.

5. DanaA

DanaA Screenwriter

You might also consider the Toshiba 4700 which sells everywhere for $249 and I'm sure could be had for less.

6. DarrenCarrara

DarrenCarrara Auditioning

Just wanted to thank you guys for the replys. I ended up ordering the panasonic RP91 and it will be here Thursday. I can't wait!

Thanks again,

Darren

7. ZackL

ZackL Auditioning

any comment on the toshiba 4700?? I've read reviews on this player, but it's sort of mix, leaning toward good, I bought it from best buys for ~230, and so far I think it's pretty good, (first time ever buying/using DVD, so don't really know much about features, or what is considered "good"), I think I can still return it for others,

so, I am looking for confirmations, or recommendations for better players,

8. Tulli

Tulli Stunt Coordinator

Hey, you're leaving out the really best one in price/performance: the Panny RP56!