What's new

what progressive scan DVD player should I get? (1 Viewer)

DarrenCarrara

Auditioning
I just bought a Toshiba 50H81 TV. Now I need to upgrade my DVD player accordingly. I would like a progressive scan DVD player but I have no idea of what one to get. In another post everyone was recommending the Panasonic RP91, the only problem is I would rather spend less than $500 if possible.

What do you recomend?

Thanks,

Darren

Myram

Second Unit
Real Name
SteveH
Panasonic RP-91
You can get it for around $440 including shipping. Just do a search at www.pricegrabber.com . Or call up www.onecall.com and ask them for their best price on it, they come down alot on their prices when you do this.
Good Luck

Scott-C

Supporting Actor
I have one on order from J&R, but be advised: I ordered it 10 days ago, and was told they were backordered and would be in stock in 7 to 10 days. I called back today and was told they're still on backorder and I should call back in a week. From what I've heard from CES 2002, the unit is not going to be discontinued, so I guess there's just a backlog due to high demand.

DanaA

Screenwriter
You might also consider the Toshiba 4700 which sells everywhere for $249 and I'm sure could be had for less.

DarrenCarrara

Auditioning
Just wanted to thank you guys for the replys. I ended up ordering the panasonic RP91 and it will be here Thursday. I can't wait!

Thanks again,

Darren

ZackL

Auditioning
any comment on the toshiba 4700?? I've read reviews on this player, but it's sort of mix, leaning toward good, I bought it from best buys for ~230, and so far I think it's pretty good, (first time ever buying/using DVD, so don't really know much about features, or what is considered "good"), I think I can still return it for others,

so, I am looking for confirmations, or recommendations for better players,

Tulli

Stunt Coordinator
Hey, you're leaving out the really best one in price/performance: the Panny RP56!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks