What's new

What primer and paint to use? (1 Viewer)

Marc Bodin

Grip
Hi there, I am building a set of monitors and I'd like to paint them gloss black. I was just wondering what type of primer and paint I should use. I was going to use a spray bomb for the primer and then possible take the cabinets in to be professionally painted. Any suggestions? Thanks

Marc

Joe Tilley

Supporting Actor
Mark If you are thinking about having someone do them for you see if you can find any good boat repair shops in your area. If you can see if you can get them to shoot them in black jell coat for you. You can get a shine on this stuff like you wont believe & the best part is you don't need half the prep work. If you used jell coat you would actually scuff up the wood with some 80 grit paper & get em shot. After that all you would do is sand & buff them to get that mirror shine. I have painted cars & boats for 12 years & can tell you that jell coat is one of the easiest & pretty cheep ways to get a very nice finish for something like this. And you can beet the stuff around without having to worrie about chipping or scratching.

Im getting ready to redo my Polk cabinets with jell coat, after having them for only a year the stain is already coming off in spots. I will be filling all the seam lines & grill holes to give them a nice once piece look.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks