What's new

What Pleases You? (1 Viewer)

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
Being out of town on business this week and I’m eating dinner at Hooters. It’s like Gotham City: It always brings a smile to my face. 93FC2508-A01C-4E42-9E8F-9AF03135023D.gif

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
That I found a neat workaround on the Foramor DVD player that I have in my room that allows me to have it to where it will count the actual time elapsed in an episode, without my having to have it displayed on the HUD.

Specifically, what I do is to press the Display button on the remote until it gets to the point where the HUD displays the amount of time elapsed in the episode, and then press the Setup button, bring up the Setup menu, and go out of it; the HUD then disappears.

Granted, this only lasts until I turn the player and TV off, or until I remove a disc, but still, I don't want to have to have a HUD on screen, while the player counts the time at the same time.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
To explain further-- as I've probably said before, the reason why I wanted a DVD player with a timer function on the front was because of something called pacing (by which I mean, some shows are made of episodes that seem to drag on and on, and probably never end; by having this player with a timer function on it, and setting it up the way I did, I could tell at exactly what point of an episode I was, and not feel like it's been 3 hrs., when I'm only at the 15-minute mark of the episode).

Of course, not all shows have been like this (some, I can get in and enjoy the ride and not worry about time, like Emergency! and The Streets of San Francisco; that's been part of the appeal on those for me).

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
There’s one right on the Ohio River (you have to walk a catwalk to get to the door)
across from Great American Ballpark in Cincinnati. Haven’t gone to it yet.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
My new tea cup based on the Emergency! series...

View attachment 179260
Almost done with that series on DVD. Love it.

And because I was twelve years old in 1985, and this will always be my favorite cartoon....time to charge the credit card:

Sultanofcinema

Second Unit
Real Name
Joseph Barrett
I was sitting in a theater several years ago and while the film was in progress, a man and wife suddenly got a phone call and their phone lit up like the 20 TH Century Fox spotlight. It reflected on my glasses and they were huddled down looking at their message. Without saying anything, I leaned over and practically put my head between them and stared at the message they were looking at. They both looked at me and I said "if this was important enough to disturb my viewing of the film, I want to know what it's about also". They closed the phone up (flip phone) and moved.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Disc 5 of season 6. I don't plan to watch the movies anytime soon.

I originally didn't, but then I discovered that, much as the format was turned on its head, at least the films still had John and Roy above all (albeit on their own), and that made the films semi-enjoyable to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks