What's new

What Pleases You? (2 Viewers)

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
I’m at my favorite place, smoothing out after a brutal week too. My air conditioning isn’t working at my house, and I don’t know if the guy I called is going to fix me up. Trying to forget it all with a couple of drinks.

Clark Green

BANNED
Real Name
Clark Green
Being able to live a normal life this year compared to 2 years ago. That pleases me a great deal. Hopefully others will learn to follow suit.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Being able to live a normal life this year compared to 2 years ago. That pleases me a great deal. Hopefully others will learn to follow suit.
I agree, but unfortunately this inflation will put a damper on this Summer, at least for me (I really want to, and kind of need to visit friends and family, but now can’t afford to go 🙁).

Clark Green

BANNED
Real Name
Clark Green
Pleased to see the thousands of British enjoying life and music and overall good times worry free at these Jubilee's

greenscreened

Second Unit
Real Name
Bob
For pizza, my go-to sauce is from the same company that makes the popular sriracha sauce.

Chili Garlic Sauce.jpg
It's got about the same heat level, yet for some reason when people see the seeds in it, they avoid it like the plague, even first generation cultures who have been notorious for eating hot food long before the craze hit.

They also make a Sambal Oelek, which is very similar, sans the garlic.
Once I cooked a steak w/o even salt and pepper on it, and dipped it into the sauce, and I was wowed, but that's just me.

I like original Tabasco for mixed fruit bowls, as suggested by Dan Aykroyd, via Tabasco's celebrity anniversary ad campaign decades ago.

When I used to eat the bean burrito (with extra onions) at Taco Bell, in the nineties, Tabasco was my go-to for that, not the Chili Garlic Sauce...go figure.

Edited for clarity.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
Not a fan of garlic or sriracha. If I’m putting sauce on pizza, I use green Tabasco. For anything else that needs hot sauce, it’s original Cholula or Tapatío.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Cholula's "Green Pepper" sauce (jalapeno and poblano pepper blend) is quite good. Has a better jalapeno flavor with less vinegar than the Tobasco brand (full disclosure - I really like both but lean towards Cholula).

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Not a fan of garlic or sriracha. If I’m putting sauce on pizza, I use green Tabasco. For anything else that needs hot sauce, it’s original Cholula or Tapatío.
Since you put Jalapeno Tobasco on pizza - ask for a pepperoni, jalapeno, pineapple pizza sometime. If we're eating at home we'll drizzle some Buffalo Wild Wings Honey Habanero sauce over the top. On occasion we'll get grilled chicken instead of pepperoni (ordering from Domino's) and do the same as that mimics their Spicy Jalapeno Pineapple Chicken sandwich (which is quite good). I think they now offer their Honey Habanero sauce as a side dipping sauce (a coworker who worked there for a while brought some in packaged in a standard packet but I've never seen it offered on the menu) so you could get that and just pour it over the top yourself.

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
I’m from Canada. Our family food traditions were brought over from England and Wales at the turn of the last century. Virtually everything my mother cooked was boiled! My father was 1/2 French Canadian and did a lot of cooking in that tradition. The main spices were salt and pepper. Garlic was known but really hated as only for “Ethnic” food! I remember they ordered a pizza once and threw it out because basically it was too weird.

I eat almost any kind of food now, but with only mild spices. Mild chicken wings etc.

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
It has never made any sense at all to me to eat any food which causes tears running down our faces. I guess it makes sense perhaps if a person was a heavy smoker and can’t taste anything else. These are also the people who cover everything in salt.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Well... I *like* hot/spicy food but can't stand "Buffalo sauce" (it tastes pretty much like Tobasco sauce that's had cayenne added to make it hotter for hot's sake) or "hot wings" (see Buffalo sauce comment). I also dislike anything with sour cream or buttermilk (making the "standard" ranch dipping sauce stomach turning for me).

Just give me well cooked fried chicken wings (no cayenne in the breading either as that's just "hot for hot's sake" - I generally want to taste the pepper as well as the heat) and I'll dip them in whatever sauce I'm desiring at the time (could be mild - could be hot - but *won't* be Tobasco based).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks