What Pleases You? (1 Viewer)

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
This is more of "what amuses you"....

I was looking for replacement stakes for holiday yard inflatables. Typed "inflatable stakes" into Amazon, and instantly got a page full of results of what I was looking for.

Went to the Home Depot and Lowes websites to see if they might have some in actual stores that I could run and pick up tonight, and all that came up were actual inflatables.

I was amused that Amazon could figure out what I meant so much better than the other two.
Tent stakes make great stakes for yard decorations. The are more substantial than what comes with the decoration.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Driving to work this morning, I could see a deer coming across a lawn/field ahead, followed by a younger one. As the mother approached the roadway, she stopped and looked toward my car as I approached, the young one stopping behind her. As I slowed to a stop, she glanced quickly the other way, then they both proceeded across the roadway.

Hopefully this was an example of how living in an urban area they've learned to be careful about traffic, stopping and looking before crossing the road. Or it could just be a funny coincidence. But it sure seemed like they did a "stop and look" before crossing the road. :)

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
I got a couple of (mostly) uninterrupted hours late last night to watch Crimson Tide with one of our doggies as my watch buddy.

4BBCF0E9-5E22-4157-A5C0-B4B30DECAA7D.jpeg

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
That I have now a Sunday paper from a year when that was New Year's Day (don't know how many of those I've had in my life; my 40th birthday will fall on a Sunday this Jan. 3): the San Jose Mercury News of Sunday, Jan. 1, 1989 (shown are front page, two section fronts, TV guide cover, and West magazine cover [West being the Mercury News Sunday local mag then]):

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I got lucky and all the gifts I ordered for Christmas giving have arrived as of today. There were two I wasn't sure would make it, but they're both now in-hand.

Also got my WB Shop order today, which didn't contain any gifts (for anyone but me! :)) but I was concerned when it still hadn't shipped nearly a month after ordering.

Hope others have a bit of luck as well and any gifts you've ordered and are waiting to receive arrive today or tomorrow.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
This was originally a "what annoys you" that flipped...

An Amazon order, from Atlanta to me via an "Amazon shipping partner" got flagged with:

"Unfortunately, a problem occurred during shipping and we had to cancel your delivery. The package is being returned, and we will issue a refund within 3 - 5 business days after the return is processed. We’re very sorry for the inconvenience. "

Looking at tracking it went:

Saturday, January 2
Package has shipped
Chattanooga, TN US

Sunday, January 3
12:13 AM
Possible delay in delivery due to arrival at incorrect carrier facility
12:13 AM
Shipment returned to Amazon.

At this point I'm fuming as it was an order of a "Ultra Mini Marshmallows" (smaller than the store bought 'mini' variety - about the size of those dried things in hot chocolate packets but fresh instead of dried - and the grandkids love them) my wife wanted for making "Hot Chocolate Bombs" and they had a special discount on a multi bag purchase when the order was placed. They're now OOS (they come in/out regularly this time of year and at some point will go OOS and stay that way for months) so at this point I don't know if I'll be able to get any - at all.

I decide to give them a few days to process the refund after which I'll call Amazon to give them a piece of my mind about having to wait for the shipment to make it back and be processed before refunding when it's their fault it got returned (I've had a package get lost coming from this particular warehouse using Amazon shipping partners - it was refunded 24 hours after the "arrival date" was missed with a simple click of "I want a refund").

Then, on Thursday, just as I was going to open a chat with them to vent and demand the refund be applied immediately the status changed to:

Thursday, January 7
10:15 AM
Your package was missorted and being sent with a different Tracking ID.

OK... but no new number was ever put on the shipment so I decide to wait another few days. I get home yesterday to several packages on the porch, one of which had the missing marshmallows! And they're in perfect condition! The order status still says "Undeliverable."

The wife's happy, and I'm pleased they arrived.

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers are in the NFC Championship game. Get past Green Bay and the Super Bowl is in Tampa ... YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks