What's new

What Pleases You? (4 Viewers)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
That the impatient jerk driving behind me this morning, who honked his horn at me because I actually came to a complete stop at a Stop sign, followed me through the Stop sign without stopping and was promptly pulled over by the police cruiser that was sitting on the other side of the intersection (which I saw, but apparently the jerk did not).

Karma, baby! ;)

Man...that is ALWAYS the kind of situation which causes me to think to myself..."where are the cops when you need 'em?!?" :D In your case, they were RIGHT THERE!! :thumbsup:

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
When we [here at HTF] and in the world at large get along. Sometimes when folks don't agree it becomes contentious.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
That cruiser was pretty strategically placed, wasn't it?
Yep, and he was parked in plain sight so I'm not sure how the guy missed him. Or maybe he just didn't care. Hopefully he was a jerk to the cop, too, and got the maximum ticket.
Man...that is ALWAYS the kind of situation which causes me to think to myself..."where are the cops when you need 'em?!?" :D In your case, they were RIGHT THERE!! :thumbsup:
Yeah, I'm always thinking that, too, but it doesn't happen most of the time.

I believe there was one other time when I was driving on the interstate and a car blew by me like I was stopped, they must have been going 90-100 mph anyway, and I was thinking too bad there's not a cop around. Then a few miles up the road I saw they had been pulled over. :D

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Yep, and he was parked in plain sight so I'm not sure how the guy missed him. Or maybe he just didn't care. Hopefully he was a jerk to the cop, too, and got the maximum ticket.

Yeah, I'm always thinking that, too, but it doesn't happen most of the time.

I believe there was one other time when I was driving on the interstate and a car blew by me like I was stopped, they must have been going 90-100 mph anyway, and I was thinking too bad there's not a cop around. Then a few miles up the road I saw they had been pulled over. :D
Yes I’ll see this type of thing once in a blue moon- a guy driving like he/she is on the Autobahn, then has to stop for the red/blue
lights behind him/her. :lol:

I drive a tractor trailer for a living, so I see more bad/dumb drivers than I see police cars,
unfortunately. :P

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Did a little experiment earlier w/that M Squad release: my father is a member of a site called MyHeritage, and has a family tree there. The site just added a feature where you can colorize old photos, so I decided to have a go with it and find out what M Squad would look like if it were colorized like many other old shows and movies have been. The results, at least to me, were quite intriguing (I used the second-season episode "The Fire Makers," OAD Friday, April 17, 1959 on NBC). I not only did a few scenes from that episode, but also the title card of the show from the second and third seasons, and Lee Marvin's card from those latter two seasons.

msquad1.jpg

msquad2.jpg

msquad3.jpg

msquadtitle.jpg

msquadstarringleemarvin.jpg

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
@bmasters9 I had forgotten Lee Marvin did a TV series. I’m sure I must of watched it, but I have no memory of it. Is that a two-handed grip Lee is using. Probably on the cutting edge for a TV show. When think of the number of times I’ve watched an actor jab a gun at the target...oh brother.

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Ahhh... it's all clear now! *That's* why you purchased it a 2nd time. I'd do the same (and have - just not with that one).

yep. The only things I have on Flippers that I probably won’t be able to replace is Silk Stalkings seasons 4 and 5.

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
Some things still are flippers. I recently purchased "Green Acres" from Walmart-- flippers! By the way, what a disappointment! What I thought was hilarious in first run seemed totally stupid now.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Some things still are flippers. I recently purchased "Green Acres" from Walmart-- flippers! By the way, what a disappointment! What I thought was hilarious in first run seemed totally stupid now.
Those are the original releases - the set from Shout is all SS discs.

Back during the original airings I thought it was totally stupid. Today I love it for how surrealistic it feels and consider it to be quite intelligent looked at from that aspect.

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I have the Original Law&Order Season 1-20. which I purchased individually. The Packaging for Season 1-8 original releases was bulky and Seasons 2-4 O-R Are Flippers. If you were me, would you Repurchase all of the first 8 Seasons in the repackaging? Or would you just replace Seasons 2-4?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Larsenv
    Recent bookmarks