What's new

What Pleases You? (1 Viewer)

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Last Sunday's San Francisco Chronicle, received earlier from my brother from his recent trip to California for his job (the Bay Area still has a fine paper in that Chronicle!)

15761961578148429436511192465329.jpg

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
When You’ve got a product totally legal at the state level and totally illegal at the federal level, there are going to be problems to work out.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
A new convenience store on my way to work has installed coffee machines that freshly grinds beans for each individual cup just before it brews into your mug. Very good (for convenience store coffee), and only 99 cents to refill my large travel mug.

Though I wonder about the reliability of these machines. There was already a technician there this morning as one of the machines appeared to already need service.

I also wonder if they'll continue the large discount on travel mug refills, as the regular price for a 20 oz. cup is $2.29 (discount of $1.30; I don't think a paper cup with cover costs that much).

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
A new convenience store on my way to work has installed coffee machines that freshly grinds beans for each individual cup just before it brews into your mug. Very good (for convenience store coffee), and only 99 cents to refill my large travel mug.

Though I wonder about the reliability of these machines. There was already a technician there this morning as one of the machines appeared to already need service.

I also wonder if they'll continue the large discount on travel mug refills, as the regular price for a 20 oz. cup is $2.29 (discount of $1.30; I don't think a paper cup with cover costs that much).
Yes these fresh brew machines are great. The Pilot/Flying J truck stops have these- much better than pouring from a container that has coffee that was brewed hours before. They have a Sumatra flavor- I get it, with a little Hazlenut cream, and a little raw sugar. YUMMY!

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
From my brother Marc's trip to New Orleans for the College Football Playoff National Title Game between Clemson and LSU: two days' worth of the paper there, which is called The Times-Picayune/The New Orleans Advocate (so named because the two papers merged last year); shown are the front page of the Sunday one for Jan. 12, the day before the game, and a section front from that paper.

TPNOA1.jpg
TPNOA2.jpg

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Right now, that I am seeing that China Syndrome film on Blu from the Indicator/Powerhouse UK region-free release; looks pretty interesting

1580863405806112441836820984097.jpg
15808634710041386714164813582809.jpg

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
That the impatient jerk driving behind me this morning, who honked his horn at me because I actually came to a complete stop at a Stop sign, followed me through the Stop sign without stopping and was promptly pulled over by the police cruiser that was sitting on the other side of the intersection (which I saw, but apparently the jerk did not).

Karma, baby! ;)

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
That the impatient jerk driving behind me this morning, who honked his horn at me because I actually came to a complete stop at a Stop sign, followed me through the Stop sign without stopping and was promptly pulled over by the police cruiser that was sitting on the other side of the intersection (which I saw, but apparently the jerk did not).

Karma, baby! ;)

That cruiser was pretty strategically placed, wasn't it?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks