What's new

What ping is too slow on Xblive? (1 Viewer)

Lee L

Supporting Actor
Unfortunately, it seems to be all of Live with the badwidth issues. Wolfenstein does seem to be more of a hog but I consistently get between 215-220 upload from my DSL connection but hitting Y at the Live Connection page only reports a little more than half that most of the time.

Then again Ken, you might have some other issue as I can usually do 6 but I too sometimes can't connect because I'm too slow.

Leo_P

Second Unit
Unfortunately, it seems to be all of Live with the badwidth issues.
I'd have to disagree with that. First off, I've rarely experienced lag on MechAssault or Unreal Championship. Ghost Recon has a tendency to lag more but not as bad as RTCW. With RTCW it's almost a 5050 proposition whether or not you'll get lag. IMO it's got a lot to do with the software.
Secondly, I'm convinced MY Xbox is not getting the most out of my broadband connection. Microsoft can go ahead and say how their speed test is different than what's available for a PC (like dslreports.com or pcpitstop.com), but I think that's a cop-out. The fact is I get a consistent 710dl/135ul yet according to my Xbox I get a steady 550dl85ul. That, to me, is a big discrepancy. I feel the Xbox is at fault and Microsoft knows it, that's why they're saying their speed test is "different".

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks