What's new

What percentage did YOU get in Metroid Fusion? I got 47%??! (1 Viewer)

Keith Frederick

Stunt Coordinator
I can't believe it. I beat the game, and I was sad to have it be over. Then it told me I only got 47% of the items!!! I thought I did awesome, I am completely shocked that I didn't even get half the stuff. Though I am a little annoyed because I actually wrote down places that I had to revisit once I got a certain ability or weapon, but the game never allowed me to go back to those places. Every time I tried to go to the sectors with the stuff I wanted to get, the security doors would be shut, forcing me just to follow the rails layed down by the computer's objective. So it is very annoying. What percentage did you guys get?

I must say, now that I am done, and playing the latest Castlevania, I realize how great a game Metroid Fusion was. Because I am not enjoying castlevania at all... Metroid spoiled me. I don't think I can trade in my wave beam and screw attack for a whip and potion. It just doesn't seem very fun.

GlenHaag

Supporting Actor
I finished it with 83% first time through.

I'm going back with that save to try to get 100 now, I'm up to 93 with only a few more sets of missiles to go.

Glen

Keith Frederick

Stunt Coordinator
So I have it saved just before the ending. Would I be able to travel to the other sectors now? If so I will go look for stuff. Though I can't imagine I will find much of anything since I got 1/2 as much as you my first time through. God, what's wrong with me?

Maybe my excuse is that I play in a rushed fashion on my 25 minute train ride too and from work. What technique do you use finding stuff? I superbomb every room, and that usually reveals stuff. Is there any other way?

JasonKrol

Supporting Actor
one thing that adds to your percentage of game completion (I believe) is scanning everything! % is just not that you found all of the health capsules and missle expansions, but that you have visited every nook and crany of the game, scanned every enemy, and scanned every computer and relic in the game.

Also, do you have to find every relic in order to beat it, or can you complete without all of them. Because they too would add to the % i presume as well.

Andre F

Screenwriter
one thing that adds to your percentage of game completion (I believe) is scanning everything! % is just not that you found all of the health capsules and missle expansions, but that you have visited every nook and crany of the game, scanned every enemy, and scanned every computer and relic in the game.
He mentioned Fusion is his post, which would indicate to me that he means the GBA version as opposed to Prime which is on the Gamecube.

Chris Farmer

Screenwriter
Actually, you CAN go back before your battle with the SA-X. the trick is, you can't go down the main elevator after you've hit a Nav Room until you have been to a sector and come up out of it to the main elevator rooms. The trick is to go down to the (now functioning normally) reactor core, enter sector 2 the way you did earlier in the game from there. Once in 2, find whatever you're looking for, then exit normally via the elevators. Viola! You can now enter any other sector via the elevators. Or in addition, the sector are all linked together via tubes you can unlock (usually via the screw attack). Each sector is linked to 2 others, except for the main deck, which is linked only to sector 2 (2 also links to 2 other numbered sections in addition to the main deck).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks