What's new

What PC mag do you subscribe to? (1 Viewer)

AllenD

Second Unit
I bought my first PC mag, Feb issue of CPU, and would like your opinion on other mags before I subscribe to CPU. It's the only one I've really looked into. What PC mags cater to beginner/intermediate user/builder? Is there one that has a focus on AMD cpus, tweaks, useful tips and tricks? I might get into more case tweaking, and maybe oc'ing when I swap out my ECS K7S5A mobo...Who knows? Thanks!

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
I subscribe to PC MAGAZINE. I like it because it is very up to date (it comes every two weeks) and I like their reviews of both software and peripherals... and their features and editorials are very good also.
Plus, if I remember correctly, it is cheap :D

Camp

Senior HTF Member
Yea, MaximumPC is cool. I liked it better when it was called boot but it's still pretty good.

All the other mags are ads desguised as articles (well, that's true of all mags to a point).

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
I don't sub to any computer mags anymore. You can get the information much quicker online.

Ash Williams

Second Unit
I don't subscribe to any. But for some reason I get PC Magazine in the mail for free! This has been going on for about 2 years and I have never received a single bill. If I ever do get a bill I will pay it because I like thier articles. John C. Dvorak's are the best, he writes very good ariticles on broadband and the processer wars. Thier reviews of new products are also excellent.

Jeff Braddock

Second Unit
My vote has to go to Maximum PC. They are all about reviewing systems, parts, games,you name it, they review it. They seem to be big into speed (overclocking definatley), tweaks, getting the most bang for your buck. I even have an issue where they did a DYI project for cooling the proc. (they did it by building a heatpipe). Anyway, enough rambling. Check out all of them at the newstand and go with whatever floats your boat.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks