What PC mag do you subscribe to?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by AllenD, Mar 19, 2002.

1. AllenD

AllenD Second Unit

I bought my first PC mag, Feb issue of CPU, and would like your opinion on other mags before I subscribe to CPU. It's the only one I've really looked into. What PC mags cater to beginner/intermediate user/builder? Is there one that has a focus on AMD cpus, tweaks, useful tips and tricks? I might get into more case tweaking, and maybe oc'ing when I swap out my ECS K7S5A mobo...Who knows? Thanks!

2. Rob Lutter

Rob Lutter Producer

I subscribe to PC MAGAZINE. I like it because it is very up to date (it comes every two weeks) and I like their reviews of both software and peripherals... and their features and editorials are very good also.
    Plus, if I remember correctly, it is cheap [​IMG]

3. Chris Tsutsui

Chris Tsutsui Screenwriter

check out maximum PC at a newstand, I've seen an issue and it was pretty good.

4. Camp

Camp Cinematographer

Yea, MaximumPC is cool. I liked it better when it was called boot but it's still pretty good.

All the other mags are ads desguised as articles (well, that's true of all mags to a point).

5. MikeAlletto

MikeAlletto Cinematographer

I don't sub to any computer mags anymore. You can get the information much quicker online.

6. Ash Williams

Ash Williams Second Unit

I don't subscribe to any. But for some reason I get PC Magazine in the mail for free! This has been going on for about 2 years and I have never received a single bill. If I ever do get a bill I will pay it because I like thier articles. John C. Dvorak's are the best, he writes very good ariticles on broadband and the processer wars. Thier reviews of new products are also excellent.

7. Jeff Braddock

Jeff Braddock Second Unit

My vote has to go to Maximum PC. They are all about reviewing systems, parts, games,you name it, they review it. They seem to be big into speed (overclocking definatley), tweaks, getting the most bang for your buck. I even have an issue where they did a DYI project for cooling the proc. (they did it by building a heatpipe). Anyway, enough rambling. Check out all of them at the newstand and go with whatever floats your boat.