What's new

What Paradigm speaker does the Fluance package compare to? (1 Viewer)

Brandon A

Agent
Is there a Paradigm speaker that the SX-HTB compares to? If not Paradigm, then what other speaker do they compare to regardless of cost. Thanks.

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member
I think this is a pretty hard comparison. Paradigm doesn't make a 5-piece speaker package (to my knowledge) for $300. However, if I were to venture to guess, one could put together bookshelf speakers and a center channel speaker by another manufacturer to get close to the $300 price point. Maybe, something from BIC or Acoustic Research could come close to this price range.

Brandon A

Agent
Thanks for the reply, but "regardless of cost"

I am just trying to find something that compares to them in retail stores. I know they are a bargain, I'm just trying to find out what retail speakers they compare as far as sound goes.

Drew_W

Screenwriter
If they were sonic equals to a Paradigm setup that cost $1500, there would be no market for the Paradigm speakers...

ClintS

Stunt Coordinator

That is definetly debatable. I truly believe that people will hear a difference that they want to hear, that is why the market for speakers is so big and no one company is considered the best. Different speakers sound better to different people. And even more to the point no one can define what sonic equal means, it is a meaningless statement in that it is a subjective statement. I at one time thought there was no sonic equal to my Bose acoustimass setup, my opinion has since changed.

Drew_W

Screenwriter
Well if you could get the Paradigm sound for a fifth of the price, would you pay five times more to get Paradigm stamped on the speaker ?

ClintS

Stunt Coordinator
I would not, but that certainly doesnt mean someone else would agree with me. Because without a doubt there would be people stating that they did not sound the same, people would make up stories that althought they were made in the same factory different assembly techniques were used justifying the price difference. There is just as much pyschology as science in the audio industry IMO.

Ernest Yee

Supporting Actor
I definitely agree with you on the pyschology / science argument Clint - although I'm sure most of the experienced HTFORUM members here could tell the difference between a set of Paradigm vs Fluance. I mean, I easily noted an audible difference (in clarity and depth - not the tonal differences) when I switched from Polk to Paradigm.

Although, I think the real psychological part kicks in @ the expensive, exotic end - where you get maybe a 5-10% increase in performance for a 2-3x increase in price over the product before it.

:) Oh yeah, don't forget the interconnects/cables! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks