What's new

What overpriced grooming products do you use? (1 Viewer)

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Just curious if anyone else uses things besides what's available at wally-mart. For the nay-saying thrifty spenders I don't use these all the time, just when I'm in a spending mood. :)

Shampoo & conditioner:
American Crew - Great smelll and neat tingly feeling on the scalp
Redken *Finish Up - The Hair Cuttery stylist recommended this stuff to me when I was there last, hot damn it smells so manly I feel like Vin Diesel with hair. Even better the smell stays on your hair the whole day.

Deodorant:
Nautica - not gel, not a white, chaulky stick, but a mix between the two. Doesn't irritate my skin at all.

Soap:
Redken - horribly overpriced but it reminds me of Fight Club quality soap, really nice.
Savon French-milled - ok soap but the price is right and they seem to last pretty long.
Copa Soaps - They don't particularly feel good on the skin but they smell great :D

Hair styling:
American Crew Pomade - good smell and is not too thick or greasy

Lotion:
Neutrogena Norwegian Formula - HTF recommended brand. ;) A tad greasy but only if you put a regular amount on. I put that much around my eyes and then just a little bit on my hands/face. I actually put it in my hair too when it's really short.

Cologne:
Spirit by Antonio Banderas - I'm probably the only one that likes this stuff but it's got a sweet and musky smell.
Acqua Di Gio by Giorgio Armani - probably the best one out there right now, but lots of people use it.

That just about ends my vanity list. Any other recommendations?

ChuckSolo

Screenwriter
Are you asking who here is a metrosexual? Well, I don't particularly use salon level grooming products, but my only must is a very good salon level moisturizing cream as I tend to get dry skin on my face. My wife on the other hand orders her stuff online and the bill for this stuff is usually a couple of hundred bucks. I don't wear cologne but I do like English Leather after shave.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Mach3 turbo blads. I'd agree. But, I haven't found anything I like nearly as much; the wife threw away all of hers for a Mach3 of her own, so she uses the same for her legs.. *laugh* so we at least split the cost.

Mark Sherman

Supporting Actor
Hair Gel I use either Phyto Pro or American Crew

Body wash I get Bath and Bodyworks Men ( yes there is a mens section ) Glacial Frost along with the Body Spray.

deodorent I go for el Cheapo at wally world

razor I use the mack 3 turbo power you know the one with battery.

thats about it

Tim Hoover

Screenwriter

I've given up on the Mach 3 and switched to the Venus razor for women. It's a much smoother shave for me, and the cost is about the same. The upside is, if I run out of blades, I just swipe one from my g/f :D

Kevin Hewell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Hewell
I use a Mach 3 razor as well. I also use Zirh shave gel (much better than shaving cream) and Zirh hair gel when I want to slick my hair back. I don't wear cologne and all my other products are whatever is cheap and good (Suave shampoo, body wash, etc...) I also use Lubriderm moisturizer.

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
I use American Crew Fibre

My hair stuff and cologne is mainly my expensive grooming stuff... other than that, i use basic shampoo, soap etc...

Chris Farmer

Screenwriter
Mach 3 Turbo razor and blades. It's a great razor and gives by far the best shave of anything I've tried, but it's definitely overpriced. I guess you can overcharge when you're the best on the market. The one thing that has helps is their life span has quadrupled since I grew a goatee. I didn't realize how quickly shaving the area around your mouth dulls the blades, cheeks and neck doesn't do much at all.

LanieParker

Supporting Actor
Crest toothpaste/listerine
head and shoulders shampoo and conditioner
cetaphil facial cleanser/body lotion
Nexium hair repair/frizz ease

Phil_L

Second Unit
Mach 3 turbo blades are a must, won't let another blade touch my face.

Kiehls shaving cream

American Crew Citrus Mint or Frederick Fekkai shampoo

Clinique for men scruffing lotion

Redken rewind for hair styling

Sometimes use Joh Varvatos body wash, usually use Aveeno though.

Lab Series Power Lift Off face wash

Lab Series Charcoal mask

Seth--L

Screenwriter
Besides using Old Spice Original Scent deodorant, I shy away from anything with a smell because in my experience, the damage from something which people cannot stand to smell far outweighs the good that can come from a smell other people like.

I agree that Mach 3 razors are worth the money.

Carl Miller

Screenwriter
King of Shaves shave gel...great for keeping the goatee trimmed because you can see what you're doing.

Acqua Di Gio and Polo Blue.

Mach 3.

Everything else...whatever my wife buys for me.

So how is that razor with the battery?

Travis Olson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Travis Olson
I recently splurged on 4 shick quatro blades, ten bucks. I usually use straight razors. Other then that I buy $2 suave shampoo, old spice pit stick and I don't wear cologne.

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member

Meh, I notice no difference between it and a regular mach3. TO my surprise the battery has lasted something like 8 months in the dumb thing though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks