What other subs are similar to Sony SAWM40?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Daniel Mc, Jun 3, 2002.

1. Daniel Mc

Daniel Mc Agent

What are some subs that are equal to or greater in performance compared to the Sony SAWM40, but that I may be able to find used or on special for a price that is similar to the SAWM40 (which is about $160)?

2. Paul_Fisher

Paul_Fisher Screenwriter

nothing...

3. Chris PC

Chris PC Producer

Maybe not quite that cheap, but the least expensive yamaha subwoofer is similar in performance, if not a little better. Look for that subwoofer. Check out the yamaha website to see the smallest subwoofer.

4. Paul_Fisher

Paul_Fisher Screenwriter

serioulsy maybe a JBL PB10, but I'm pretty sure those are about $40-$50 more.

5. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    The Yamahas will have better performance in a smaller footprint, but of the 3 more common ones (YST-SW105,205,305), only the 305 has the same low end extension.

6. Ryan Schnacke

Ryan Schnacke Supporting Actor

The DLS 10 inch sub from Parts Express (part number 300-630) is supposed to be quite a performer for the money. And for only $100 each you could buy 2 and spend only $40 over the Sony. If you're interested then go to the tech talk forum at Parts Express ( http://pesupport.com/cgi-bin/config.pl ) and search for posts on that part number.

7. Jack Keck

Jack Keck Second Unit

I have the DLS 10 inch sub. I like it, but have never heard a better sub other than in a store. I'd love to see or evenbe involved in a shoot-out of el-cheapo subs.