What's new

What other music forums do you visit? (1 Viewer)

Jamie Bunker

Auditioning
Hi all. I am looking for some other music forums to visit. Basically I am looking for a similar environment to Home Theatre Forum but more focused on music. Any ideas?

Jamie Bunker

Auditioning
I guess I should have specified what types of music genres and groups I am into. I am into a lot of the 90's rock bands (Smashing Pumpkins, Wilco, Pixies, etc.). Letely I find myself listening to mostly indie rock (Pavement, Death Cab for Cutie, Mogwai, Sigur Ros, etc.) and Alt- Country (Wilco again, Loose Fur, Jayhawks, etc.)

Besides these genres I also love my classic Rock (i.e. Beatles, Beach Boys, Rolling Stones, Love, Pink Floyd, etc.). I hope this helps somewhat. Thanks again for all of the suggestions.

RobertW

Supporting Actor
come over to rollingstone.com and join us on the "influential music" board. i don't know what discussion forum it's under these days since they redesigned the website(last i knew, it was under "rolling stoners"), but you should be able to find it with minimal hassle.

we've pretty much had intense raving discussions about every one of those bands you listed, plus a whole lot more.

John Watson

Screenwriter
Good subject, tho not much is coming up. I just typed in "music genres discussion groups" in Google, and get 58,400 results, but who has time for that kind of surfing, so I'll try narrow it down, or see if I get lucky.

Specific group or performer fan clubs should be easier to find.

Myself, I'd be keen on a site with a pre-Beatles Rock and Pop focus, and if I'm really lucky I'll find someone who knows where the missing non-jazz albums of Kai Winding are, or the funk album of Nino Tempo is hiding.:)

Jamie Bunker

Auditioning
Thanks for all of the sugestions folks.

RobertW: I went to RollingStone.com and the forums are so hard to navigate through. I wish they had the same format as HTF. Oh well, I will head back over and see if I can find you. Keep the suggestions coming folks!

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
If you are are ever interest in Hong Kong pop music, check out Hong Kong Vintage Pop Radio. It's an internet radio station, and it's interesting to see that there are quite a number of HK singer/actor....from Jackie Chan to Faye Wong. Check it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks