1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

What Ohms are Paradigm MiniMonitors

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Kevin. W, Sep 4, 2001.

1. Kevin. W

Kevin. W Screenwriter

On the back it says compatible with 8ohms. What does this mean? Thanks
    Kevin

2. John M Miller

John M Miller Stunt Coordinator

It means that your receiver should be set to 8 ohms, as is pretty much standard.
    ------------------
    Fellini's Le Notti di Cabiria
    [​IMG]

3. Ron Eastman

Ron Eastman Second Unit

Ohms are a measurement of the electrical resistance (or stress) that a speaker will put on an amplifier. 8 Ohms is a common rating for speakers and the typical rating for an amplifier. Some amps/receivers have an Ohms switch that you can set to match your speakers. I would wager that your receiver is rated to drive an 8 Ohm load but you can check the back panel to be sure. If you do have an Ohms switch, set it at 8 to drive the MiniMonitors.
    ------------------
    "The last thing I want to remembered as is an annoying blabbermouth." - Del Griffith
    my home theater
    my DVD collection

4. Kevin. W

Kevin. W Screenwriter

Thanks for the info guys. I just picked up a new Rotel RMB-1066 and bridged it too 3x150W into 8 Ohms. Before I bought the AMP I ask 3 different salesmen at three different stores about driving my speakers with the AMP bridged and all said this would be no problem. I even fired of an e-mail to Rotel and got what has too be the most pathetic answer ever. I'll post that in a different thread.
    Kevin
    [Edited last by Kevin. W on September 04, 2001 at 11:18 PM]