What Ohms are Paradigm MiniMonitors

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Kevin. W, Sep 4, 2001.

1. Kevin. W

Kevin. W Screenwriter

On the back it says compatible with 8ohms. What does this mean? Thanks
    Kevin

2. John M Miller

John M Miller Stunt Coordinator

It means that your receiver should be set to 8 ohms, as is pretty much standard.
    ------------------
    Fellini's Le Notti di Cabiria
    [​IMG]

3. Ron Eastman

Ron Eastman Second Unit

Ohms are a measurement of the electrical resistance (or stress) that a speaker will put on an amplifier. 8 Ohms is a common rating for speakers and the typical rating for an amplifier. Some amps/receivers have an Ohms switch that you can set to match your speakers. I would wager that your receiver is rated to drive an 8 Ohm load but you can check the back panel to be sure. If you do have an Ohms switch, set it at 8 to drive the MiniMonitors.
    ------------------
    "The last thing I want to remembered as is an annoying blabbermouth." - Del Griffith
    my home theater
    my DVD collection

4. Kevin. W

Kevin. W Screenwriter

Thanks for the info guys. I just picked up a new Rotel RMB-1066 and bridged it too 3x150W into 8 Ohms. Before I bought the AMP I ask 3 different salesmen at three different stores about driving my speakers with the AMP bridged and all said this would be no problem. I even fired of an e-mail to Rotel and got what has too be the most pathetic answer ever. I'll post that in a different thread.
    Kevin
    [Edited last by Kevin. W on September 04, 2001 at 11:18 PM]