What, no mention of Clone Wars Season 2?

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Travis Hedger, Mar 21, 2005.

1. Travis Hedger

Travis Hedger Supporting Actor

So tonight was the first episode of 5, that clocks in at about 12 minutes long.

Lots of good back story in this one. From what I hear, the final episode this Friday will take us right up to the opening crawl in Episode 3.

2. Joel...Lane

Joel...Lane Second Unit

Yeah, meant to watch it tonight but got the time screwed up. Missed it by an hour. I'll try to catch it the rest of the week and watch the ones I miss on Saturday or Sunday when they run them back to back. Very cool show. Did they show it all at once or was there a commercial break thrown in there?

3. Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Cameron Yee
    I didn't realize the episode would be that LONG [​IMG].

4. Diallo B

Diallo B Screenwriter

it was shown all at once, no commericals. i was very entertained.

5. Shane D

Shane D Supporting Actor

i think i read somewhere they are showing all 5 saturday at some point, one after another.

6. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

Yeah, Chapters 21 to 25 rerun on Saturday from 8 PM to 9:30 PM. I hope they run all 25 parts sometime in May.

7. Phil Florian

Phil Florian Screenwriter

I liked it, though I liked it better in the first 20 episodes when there was less dialogue. As a visceral piece, it was amazing but it started to get some of the stilted dialogue style of Lucas (no suprise that I hear he had his hand in this more than the first episodes). Still, the Grievious chase was great stuff with the Arc troopers being so very cool. I liked the continuation of the mopey Anakin...I am curious to see what he has to whine about now that he is a full Jedi. I enjoyed the small snippet with Qui-Gon, though I wonder when they had the time to do that test in Phantom Menace before he got stabbed. Still, very cool. Great use of the "Impressive...most impressive" line.

8. James_Kiang

James_Kiang Screenwriter

I haven't seen the first season yet (will pick it up on DVD today) but I really enjoyed last night's episode. General Grievous came off as a very dangerous opponent. If they can do some of the things he did last night in the movie and make it look good, he should be quite a sight.

9. KyleC

KyleC Supporting Actor

Just set my DVR. The first 20 are coming today from netflix. [​IMG]

10. Bob-N

Bob-N Supporting Actor

wah, I missed yesterday's episode but I have the rest Tivo'ed. I guess I'll catch up on Saturday and try to avoid this thread until then.

11. Joel...Lane

Joel...Lane Second Unit

Caught CH. 22 tonight. Pretty good. It was neat to see so much stuff that'll be in SITH. Dooku training General Grievous on how to use a lightsaber
    was very cool. I guess he's not AS good as I thought if Dooku could take his saber away so easily. Also, at the end, were those indians
    that were so pissed off at Anakin for killing their beast thing
    ?

12. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

This proves I'm a nerd but the planet Nelvaan, that Obi-Wan and Anakin are on, must be an in-joke to Nelvana. The old animation company who did the SW Holiday Special animation and Droids and Ewoks.

I think their logo was a polar bear and the planet is snow covered as well.

Like I said, I'm a nerd[​IMG]

13. Chuck Mayer

Chuck Mayer Lead Actor

Chuck Mayer
    Travis,
    I can join you because I thought of Nelvana when they named the planet. I didn't remember the logo though [​IMG]

Take care,
    Chuck

14. RafaelB

RafaelB Second Unit

If you've missed any of the previous two chapters, you can watch them online at CartoonNetwork.com. They post a chapter each day after it airs.

Rafael.

15. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

Holy crap! What a great episode!

The best thing I've ever seen was when Mace Windu was fighting the Super Battle Droids and this lightsaber came out the opposite way that he was facing and he turned and grabbed it.

Yoda stopping the landing craft by crashing them into each other wasn't too shabby either.

And call me crazy but I think Chancellor Palpatine is up to no good.[​IMG]

16. Cameron Yee

Reviewer

Cameron Yee
    Anyone else finding the increasing use of OT phrases annoying? Actually, I think the only one that deserves to show up across all presentations is "I have a bad feeling about this..." but even then sparingly.

17. Mike Williams

Mike Williams Screenwriter

No, I like the foreshadowing. I loved the line "I have you NOW" in Volume 1 from Anakin. I think "Impressive . . . most impressive" might be a little over the top, but I haven't yet seen the episode, so I would need to see it in context. But I would hardly call in annoying.

18. Cameron Yee

Reviewer

Cameron Yee
    I just find it too much of "wink-wink" for my taste, lacking in subtlety, so it takes me out of it. From a narrative standpoint I don't see the purpose in frequently using OT lines, especially when in a different context from how we know them (e.g. the "impressive" line). I have little patience for fans who are always quoting lines, so maybe that's where my annoyance is coming from.

19. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

Another winner! Not as good as last night's episode but that's a tough act to top[​IMG]

The part where Anakin had the vision with the cave drawing was great. The quick flash of Vader was a great little bit too!

The fight scenes with the Jedi and Grievous and his bodyguards was also GREAT!

Can't wait to see how it ends tomorrow.

20. Cameron Yee

Reviewer

Cameron Yee
    General Grievous should have listened to Edna Mode's advice about capes [​IMG]