What Music Release(s) are you looking forward to ?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by MikeAW, Jan 25, 2002.

1. MikeAW

MikeAW Second Unit

The Who "My Generation" 2CD set, produced by Shel Tamly. Let's hope Townshend/Astley won't get involved in ANY way.

The Second Round of Elvis Costello Remasters..."This Year's Model", "Blood and Chocolate", and "Brutal Youth". Well put together series, with the right balance of rarities...very entertaining.

The Turtles..."Solid Zinc: Anthology" 2CDs...I've always loved their Pop sensibilities. The early Byrds even recorded one of their early hits but left it in the can

...too bad.

Led Zeppelin "IV" 2CD deluxe version. It's always pleasant to listen to music that evokes so much from that era of music.

2. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden Producer
    Reviewer

Kenneth McAlinden

3. Mike Broadman

Mike Broadman Producer

By far the most anticipated release for me is King Crimson's new album, Nuovo Metal, due in a couple of months or so. It's been a real trip following their development in the last couple of years.

I've heard a bit of the new material on tour, and it sounds great.

And, of course, Dreamtheater's new one on Tuesday.

In A Silent Way should be due for a remastering anytime. I've already re-purchased all of my Miles and this is the only one left.

4. MikeAW

MikeAW Second Unit

Mike, do you have "The Complete 'In A Silent Way'Sessions" 3CD set ? Sounds like you don't.

5. Ryan Spaight

Ryan Spaight Supporting Actor

I too am eagerly awaiting the "My Generation" set. I hope that Universal's "all titles will be copy protected by spring 2002" edict will either not come to pass or not include this title.

If it comes out mangled, I'll just wait for the SACD Shel Talmy mentions on his site.

Aside from that, the remastered/expanded "Last Waltz" is a must-have.

As far as SACDs go, I'll be getting the Roxy Music and Simple Minds SACDs whenever they finally arrive. Ditto the Allman Brothers, Steely Dan and John Coltrane titles from Universal.

Ryan

6. Mike Broadman

Mike Broadman Producer

7. KevinJ

KevinJ Supporting Actor

the remastered the last waltz[dvd]and the 3 dvd set of monterey pop[critereon]

8. KrisM

KrisM Second Unit

Is there any word on the layout of the Monterey Pop set?

KrisM

9. Bob Turnbull

Bob Turnbull Supporting Actor

10. StevenW

StevenW Second Unit

The new A Perfect Circle album, which is supposedly coming late this year would be mine.

11. MikeAW

MikeAW Second Unit

Kris, this is from a fan site...I couldn't find anything on the Criterion pages...
    "I recently contacted D.A. Pennebacker's film company,Hegedus Films , who informed me that they are currently in production of a new DVD version of 'Monterey Pop-The Film'. Production is set to be wrapped up February 2002 with the DVD available for purchase June 2002. No word yet on the exact release date or details, but check back. I'll let you know when I find out."
    Here's the Fan link...
    http://members.tripod.com/Yelnats_Yarkled/Monterey/
    Also....Here's the link to Pennebacker's film company and the news from him on the release...
    http://www.pennebakerhegedusfilms.com/new/#upcoming
    "MONTEREY POP to be released on DVD We are collaborating with the Criterion Collection to put together the Monterey Pop box set, including the feature film Monterey Pop and the short films, Jimi Plays Monterey and Shake: Otis Redding at Monterey along with rarely seen outtake performances. This DVD box set will feature a new Dolby 5.1 soundtrack remixed by Eddie Kramer, interviews with festival organizer Lou Adler, filmmaker D.A Pennebaker and others, multiple commentaries and more. Available spring 2002.
    If you were at the 1967 Monterey Pop Festival, please email us your stories for possible inclusion on the DVD."
    Surprisingly you can still get the old version on VHS...
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...280415-9960157

12. Brian Bunn

Brian Bunn Second Unit

Anything by Cherry Twister, Steve Ward, or The Waxwings.

13. DanaA

DanaA Screenwriter

Just wanted to say that this thread has my mouth watering for some of the mentioned releases. Now if Los Lobos would just release a live album and a second Clash live CD would be issued or, better yet, a Clash DVD would be released. And, please Mr. Carlos Santana give a release to let us hear some of the music you made with Jimi Hendrix.

14. KrisM

KrisM Second Unit

Thanks Mike. I got VHS copy from a laserdisc years ago. I hope they also include a PCM track.

KrisM

15. MikeAW

MikeAW Second Unit

Kris, You're welcome...if it's Criterion, it should have lots of eggs, and bells and whistles ! Imagine what they would do to "Woodstock" ?

Dana, Nice to see a Los Lobos fan...I got a promo CD of theirs with some live cuts on it, and it's amazing. A truly entertaining band with a solid sound !

16. Jim_C

Jim_C Cinematographer

The new Dream Theater CD on Tuesday and a new Symphony X cd sometime this spring.

17. Jarod

Jarod Auditioning

Its funny, and a little weird. When I think about the question, nothing particularly comes to mind. I can't really remember a time in my life prior to the past year or two where I WASN'T looking forward to some new release. Either i'm just not keeping up with the music i do like, or there isn't really anything being created that interests me. Though I hadn't heard about a new Perfect Circle cd, i'm sure i'll be picking that up.

18. MikeAW

MikeAW Second Unit

19. Brad_W

Brad_W Screenwriter

The new Dream Theater, a new Deftones would be nice, a new Madonna album is needed.

Albums I still need to pick up:

Kiss boxset

Skinlab's new album

Stuck Mojo's cover album

and oh yeah, I am going to be starting a new band in a few weeks here, I am very excited.

20. joe logston

joe logston Stunt Coordinator

i cant wait for a new sarah maclachlan album i love her voice shes the best [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]