What music radio station do you listen to ?

Discussion in 'Music' started by Ken Stuart, Jul 18, 2003.

1. Ken Stuart

Ken Stuart Second Unit

Hello,

For the first time, broadband internet access has reached the rural US area where I live. So, I can now connect to Internet Radio stations AND surf the web at the same time. :)

There are a number of radio stations that also broadcast on the Internet, and so far I've been mostly listening to BBC Radio 1, which is a distinct improvement over local radio here, which is limited to only Country Music or Christian Radio. Since I have "eclectic" tastes, I prefer stations that don't play a narrow selection of tracks from only one genre, and BBC Radio 1 fits that requirement ( http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/ ).

But I'm looking for other possibilities, so which station do you listen to? Quite a number of over the air radio stations also have internet broadcast...

PS This is not limited to the US and UK! Yesterday, I watched a Russian Music Television station - complete with deodorant commercials in Cyrillic. So, there are TV and radio stations on the Internet from almost every country...

2. Henry Gale

Henry Gale Producer

KUT-FM

kut.org

Check this Austin listener supported station. Any of us around here can tell you that when you're away, there just aren't any other stations that compare!

3. James Zubb

James Zubb Stunt Coordinator

KCRW.com

Mornings/Weekends become Eclectic is my favorite show.

4. Rhett_Y

Rhett_Y Screenwriter

5. MikeDeVincenzo

MikeDeVincenzo Stunt Coordinator

www.wfmu.org !!!!!!! GREATEST RADIO STATION EVER, EVER! (with 128k live mp3 stream 24/7 and archives of nearly every single show going back 2 or so years) YOU'LL THANK ME LATER!! [​IMG]

6. Rob P S

Rob P S Cinematographer

rob
  7. Henry Gale

Henry Gale Producer