What's new

What Movies Have Special Meaning To You? (1 Viewer)

Brett Hancock

Supporting Actor
Office Space-Because after having a job for 3 days I can home and watched this movie, it became the funniest movie ever to me.
Van Wilder-First R rated movie I saw legally, plus it kicked ass:D [/b]
Jumpin Jack Flash-I used to watch this everyday as a kid, dont ask.

Travis Olson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Travis Olson
Glory - I never actually watched the film until last year, but it was on the T.V. in my Grandfather's hospital room the last time I saw him alive, he died the next day. It has a special meaning to me now.
E.T. - The first movie I can remember seeing in a theater with my Mom. I was 2 at the time. Naturally, I only remember bits & pieces of it. But, when I went to the re-release this summer it brought back memories.

Michael*K

Screenwriter
Man, there's a lot of films that have special meaning attached. I'll proabbly have to add a few more later, but here are a few.
The Empire Strikes Back--This was a definite bonding experience between myself, my brother and three of our childhood friends. We were only 10 and 11 years old at the time and we waited in line at the theater for over four hours for our chance to see this masterpiece. The sense of anticipation was unbelievable and the movie did not disappoint. Now as an adult, I hate having to wait in line for anything, but back then it was a blast.
Bambi--The first movie I ever remember crying at. :b
Escape to Witch Mountain and Return from Witch Mountain--The former is one of the earliest films I remember seeing. We saw each at the local drive-in and I remember all of us bringing lawn chairs and pillows and blankets to wrap up in. It's an era long past. :frowning:
Superman--How can I not remember the first time being in a packed theater and seeing a man actually flying.
Night of the Living Dead--OK, most people probably laugh at the thought of flesh eating zombies having special meaning, but it was the circumstances surrounding the film that I most remember. I must have been 6 or 7 years old and my dad was telling us how NOTLD was coming on "Creature Features" that night. My brother and I begged to be able to stay up and watch it, but my mom would have no part of it. It was past our bedtime. Well, my mom went out with her girlfriends that evening and after she left, my dad came and woke my brother and I up and asked if we wanted to see the movie. Did we ever! We dragged our pillows out to the living room and we loved every minute of it, even though we had a hard time sleeping afterwards. Little did I know at the time that I would have so few bonding experiences like this with my dad. He would pass away within six years.

Joe Bernardi

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joe Bernardi
Quo Vadis - the first movie I saw that wasn't a Saturday afternoon Western.
Last Year at Marienbad which I saw in my native New York and which made me the confused man I am today. Years later, I bought it on VHS, assuming that I then had the extra knowledge and experience to understand it, but it only made me confuseder -er- more confused.
Which I remain to this very day.

Brian Kissinger

Screenwriter
Michael, I had a very similar experience with my father. Only the movie was The Thing. Which to this day, remains one of my favorite movies. I think it's memories like this that lead me to let my son watch some movies he really shouldn't. I want to be a cool dad, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks