What's new

What movies had Ravel's "Bolero" in them? (3 Viewers)

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Obviously 10 and Bolero, both starring Bo-lero Derek, had the tune.
A friend of mine is going nuts trying to figure out another movie it's in. My response to him was "Dude...it's been in a LOT of movies!"
When he challenged me to name some, I drew a blank.
So I thought I'd ask you guys, the cultured and articulate movie animals of the HTF.
Thanks.

Nathan*W

Screenwriter
Real Name
Nathan
Hey, Scott. Good to see ya at SP2002 (thx for the pretzels)

Some movies with Ravel's Bolero:

Paradise Road
Soup to Nuts
The Strip

(Courtesy of IMDB Soundtrack search)

Nikki Jester

Auditioning
Real Name
Angeline Jester
Nice to meet you as well!

Thanks for the help so far, guys. Can anyone else think of any others?
Hi Scott,
Just enjoying a Saturday morning -- and for some reason got on a Ravel's Bolero thing. So, this nearly 83 yr old was reminiscing and having been mad about Tyrone Power (back in the day) the only likely movie that came to my mind was CAPTAIN FROM CASTILLE. What a shock to me that no one even mentioned it.
Long before "10" and Bo Derek! I see this is a 2002 discussion (?) but thought I would throw it in because it was a super Hollywood film of its time. Just saying'.

Bernard McNair

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bernard McNair
There is an excellent French movie (imho) called Bolero- the dance of life that I highly recommend. It is a multi generational saga directed by Claude La Louch.
Well worth seeking out

Ayelia

Auditioning
Real Name
Ayelia
If interested in Japanese animation, a version appears in Digimon Adventure; in both the TV series and the OVA.

Edit: The english dub has different sountrack.

cinemiracle

Screenwriter
Real Name
Peter
you are thinking of the Arabian Dance from the Nutcracker in Fantasia. :) they have the same hypnotic sound.

No ,I was not. Bolero was a separate sequence.Also I do not recall seeing any Arabian dance sequence from the Nutcracker in FANTASIA. Aren't you thinking of the 'dance of the sugar plum fairies' from the Nutcracker and which was performed by animated elephants?

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
No ,I was not. Bolero was a separate sequence.Also I do not recall seeing any Arabian dance sequence from the Nutcracker in FANTASIA. Aren't you thinking of the 'dance of the sugar plum fairies' from the Nutcracker and which was performed by animated elephants?

Bollero was in Allegro non Troppo, not Fantasia.

Also...there are no elephants in the original Fantasia. Those were hippos doing the Dance Of The Hours.

GlennF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Glenn Frost
Okay guys, let's get the movie trivia correct. Bolero was NOT in Fantasia. Dance of the Hours is and it has hippos, ostriches, crocodiles AND elephants. The Arabian Dance IS in Fantasia. It is a sequence with fish under the water.

cinemiracle

Screenwriter
Real Name
Peter
Okay guys, let's get the movie trivia correct. Bolero was NOT in Fantasia. Dance of the Hours is and it has hippos, ostriches, crocodiles AND elephants. The Arabian Dance IS in Fantasia. It is a sequence with fish under the water.

You are so right. I was wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks