What's new

What movie should I rent tonight? (1 Viewer)

Jeff Adams

Screenwriter
My in laws are coming over for a movie tonight and I want some suggestions of what dvd to rent? Ihave like 450 dvds but want to watch something that I have never seen before. I will narrow it down to a new release lets say over the past month. What has come out and what is good? I was thinking about The Hunted but saw that it didn't really get that good of reviews. What do you guys think? Thanks!

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink
I don't see nearly as many movies as most on the forum do (or as I'd like, for that matter), but…

Phone Booth is one of my favorite recent flicks. I greatly enjoyed Identity, as well (is that one out yet)?

Jeff Adams

Screenwriter
Phone Booth is one of my favorite recent flicks. I greatly enjoyed Identity, as well (is that one out yet)?
Yeah, I really enjoyed Phone Booth too. Everybody has already seen that though.
And I was hoping Identity was out, but I think the release date is 08/19.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Jeff, without knowing what your 450 titles are it's a trifle difficult to make suggestions vis. a film you've not seen before. Have you seen Roman Polanski's The Painist. I can't recommed that film highly enough.

Charles M Berry

Stunt Coordinator
My Wife made me rent and the watch, White Oleander, which I thought would be a drill-me-in-the-head "men suck" flick, but I actually loved the movie. Some excellent acting, and a very gripping story. Rent it.

Jeff Adams

Screenwriter
Have you seen Roman Polanski's The Painist
Yes! That movie is fabulous. It's a gripping story about a man who's life is full of pain until he meets the women of his dreams that turns it all aroubd for him.:) Just kidding. Yes,The Pianist is one stellar movie. That is one of the 450 movies that I own. If this helps, I want a new release over the past month. I have not purchased a lot of new titles recently.

Jenna

Second Unit
Real Name
Jeanette Howard
Stopped by Best Buy today. Supposedly the 24: S2 preview DVDs have a street date of Tuesday, Aug. 26. They wouldn't give me one.
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

There was NO "street date" listed in their ad for this FREE disk! Since when does a freebie have a street date?! Their ad states: "Free 24 Season 2 Preview DVD instantly just for checking out out selection!"

My BestBuy had these DVDs placed in their "new release" rack on Sunday...and there were more than 100 of them still left when I got there at 5pm.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks