What movie is this?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by ThomasC, Nov 9, 2002.

1. ThomasC

ThomasC Lead Actor

I watched this a long time ago (could've been back in '93), and I don't think I even saw the whole thing, it was on HBO Taiwan...but I'm pretty sure it was an American movie. [​IMG]
    Anyways, these are the scenes I remember:
    - A girl with her family at a gas station goes to the bathroom, and it's one of those that you have to get the key from the attendant, but you have to go outside then back in...anyways, the place is crawling with bugs/worms.
    - The bugs/worms basically take over the earth and leave just two survivors...the girl and a military/tough guy. The bugs/worms are able to make "clones" of actual people, but you can tell they're fake because the bugs/worms come out of their mouths or something like that...
    Some of that might be inaccurate, but I do remember those scenes in some sort of fashion...
    Please help me out if you can, thanks!

2. AnthonyMP

AnthonyMP Agent

Sounds like Body Snatchers.
    Edit: If you were looking to pick it up DDD has for under $10 shipped.

3. ThomasC

ThomasC Lead Actor

yep, that's it, thanks a lot! i definitely wasn't looking to pick it up...[​IMG]
    the parts i watched didn't really scare me though...but maybe i wasn't really paying full attention. i know i was bored that day...[​IMG]

4. Scott Weinberg

Scott Weinberg Lead Actor

Not a bad genre flick. I don't think it comes close to either of the earlier versions (56 / 78), but a serviceable little sci-fi thriller.