What's new

What makes Destin Florida water emerald? (1 Viewer)

Scott Strang

Screenwriter
We just got back and that place, while sickeningly hot, is unbelievably beautiful. That sugar white sand (a bitch to walk on) and the water was mesmerizing.

Even out in the Gulf it was still green. I looked like lime green Koolaid.

We're certainly going back but that will be probably in Sept or Oct when it isn't as hot.

Kevin T

Screenwriter

haha...as a resident of the gulf coast, i can tell you it's pretty much always hot. all the recent rain though is helping to keep the temperature down, but damn the humidity is through the roof. it doesn't even start to cool off around here until november.

kevin t

Kevin Alexander

Screenwriter
Um...you're kidding , right? It is lime green Koolaid. Tons of Koolaid powder is poured into the Gulf every year and thousands of dolphins are brought in to agitate it till it turns a pretty lime green. Everyone knows this. You did know this, right?

Bill Cowmeadow

Second Unit
Actually, the water starts out Blue, then tourist's, much like yourself, pee in it and it turns emerald green.

;)

My family and spent a week in Destin a couple of years ago, and we agree, it is the greatest beach in the US bar none. And Captain Dave's seafood ain't bad either.

I'll be going back.

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Go on a cruise to Nassau and you'll almost forget about Florida's waters ;) FL is still my favorite destination though. Nothing beats renting out a timeshare on the shore for you and your friends or family. Unless you own one that is!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks