What makes Destin Florida water emerald?

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Scott Strang, Jul 12, 2004.

1. Scott Strang

Scott Strang Screenwriter

We just got back and that place, while sickeningly hot, is unbelievably beautiful. That sugar white sand (a bitch to walk on) and the water was mesmerizing.

Even out in the Gulf it was still green. I looked like lime green Koolaid.

We're certainly going back but that will be probably in Sept or Oct when it isn't as hot.

2. Kevin T

Kevin T Screenwriter

haha...as a resident of the gulf coast, i can tell you it's pretty much always hot. all the recent rain though is helping to keep the temperature down, but damn the humidity is through the roof. it doesn't even start to cool off around here until november.

kevin t

3. Kevin Alexander

Kevin Alexander Screenwriter

Um...you're kidding , right? It is lime green Koolaid. Tons of Koolaid powder is poured into the Gulf every year and thousands of dolphins are brought in to agitate it till it turns a pretty lime green. Everyone knows this. You did know this, right?

4. Bill Cowmeadow

Bill Cowmeadow Second Unit

Actually, the water starts out Blue, then tourist's, much like yourself, pee in it and it turns emerald green.

[​IMG]

My family and spent a week in Destin a couple of years ago, and we agree, it is the greatest beach in the US bar none. And Captain Dave's seafood ain't bad either.

I'll be going back.

5. Scott L

Scott L Producer

Go on a cruise to Nassau and you'll almost forget about Florida's waters [​IMG] FL is still my favorite destination though. Nothing beats renting out a timeshare on the shore for you and your friends or family. Unless you own one that is!

6. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Executive Producer

Malcolm
    Damn, Bill beat me to it.

Yellow and blue make green.... [​IMG]