What makes a good IB design

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Chris Liberti, Sep 4, 2002.

1. Chris Liberti

I am interested in building an infinite baffle setup. I need either a book or webpage that gives some info like size of enclosure and what specs I should look at when picking a driver. Also what about using an aperiodic membrane? I have heard of people using Infinte Baffle/Free Air setups in cars with this. What is the purpose of the membrane?

2. ThomasW

ThomasW Cinematographer

Let's see, if you look at the bottom of my post, you'll probably find something of interest.

You won't need the Aperiodic plugs.....

3. Joe Tilley

Joe Tilley Supporting Actor

I got a Question if you guys don't mind. What is if any the advantage of a IB system compared to a sealed or ported enclosure.
    Just curious[​IMG]

4. Bryan Michael

Bryan Michael Supporting Actor

hiw much seperaton do you need to do a ib lets say you have a room with 1 opening to the rest of the basement and that is at one end of a long wall that is 24 ft long but the opening is 4 feet wide now there is stairs at the opening and it opens to the rest of the basement would i be able to do a ib if i put the sub way at the end of the comon wall to the rest of the basement

5. ThomasW

ThomasW Cinematographer

Joe
    The advantage to an IB is that there is no 'box', therefore no box sound [​IMG]
    Bryan
    There needs to be complete isolation between the front and rear waves, otherwise cancellation will occur.