What's new

What makes a good IB design (1 Viewer)

I am interested in building an infinite baffle setup. I need either a book or webpage that gives some info like size of enclosure and what specs I should look at when picking a driver. Also what about using an aperiodic membrane? I have heard of people using Infinte Baffle/Free Air setups in cars with this. What is the purpose of the membrane?

ThomasW

Senior HTF Member
Let's see, if you look at the bottom of my post, you'll probably find something of interest.

You won't need the Aperiodic plugs.....

Joe Tilley

Supporting Actor
I got a Question if you guys don't mind. What is if any the advantage of a IB system compared to a sealed or ported enclosure.
Just curious;)

Bryan Michael

Supporting Actor
hiw much seperaton do you need to do a ib lets say you have a room with 1 opening to the rest of the basement and that is at one end of a long wall that is 24 ft long but the opening is 4 feet wide now there is stairs at the opening and it opens to the rest of the basement would i be able to do a ib if i put the sub way at the end of the comon wall to the rest of the basement

ThomasW

Senior HTF Member
Joe
The advantage to an IB is that there is no 'box', therefore no box sound :)
Bryan
There needs to be complete isolation between the front and rear waves, otherwise cancellation will occur.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks