what mains to match with boston center

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by JesseR, May 18, 2002.

1. JesseR

JesseR Stunt Coordinator

About 2 years ago my father bought a center channel. Its a boston micro 90c center channel. Well i think ive finally talked him into retiring the old bose speakers from the front and replacing them with some better mains and getting a real subwoofer. My question is does anyone know what bostons would be matched to this. HE would prefer towers but bookshelves may also work. I looked on bostons website but there wasnt really anything except packages in their microsystems, and i think these would be too small for the room

Thanks for any help

2. John Sully

John Sully Stunt Coordinator

I'd try some of the Boston CR series speakers. However, the Micro 90c has a rather high -3db point -- 100Hz -- so you might want to get the smaller CR65 speakers and cross them over at 100Hz.

Personally, I have Boston CR9s for the fronts, a CR2 for the center and CR6s for the surrounds and am pretty happy with the sound. I can guarantee that the all Boston system will sound better than the Bose!

3. JesseR

JesseR Stunt Coordinator

does anyone know if something like the vr 950 or vr 940s would work ok with them. I believe the tweeters are teh same size and the drivers are made of the same material.