What M&K set up?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by JohnBrianW., Sep 25, 2002.

1. JohnBrianW.

JohnBrianW. Stunt Coordinator

A local dealer who is just getting into HT to compliment his car audio business would like to set up a M&K 5.1 system for me to audition with a Sherwood Newcastle receiver.
    My question is this, what speakers would be used from M&K's lineup to fit into $1800-$2200 canadian? I find M&K's site confusing.

What does everyone think of M&K? Do they present a good value?

2. jason celaya

jason celaya Stunt Coordinator

I think that they are awesome! I would go with either there 750 set (3 750s 2 550s and 1250 sub) or the new 850 set which was annouced this week. You should be able to get them at 33% off list.

2 things to think about with me suggestion. Does your Sherwood have good power into 4ohms and a 80hz crossover?

Can you set these up with a correct vertical axis.

3. JohnBrianW.

JohnBrianW. Stunt Coordinator

i'll have to look into the receivers power
    www.sherwoodusa.com The one I'm interested in is the R756. Could you enlighten me on vertical axis?

4. jason celaya

jason celaya Stunt Coordinator

tweeters across front need to be at ear height or aimed to ear in order to get the most out of this model. They have a wide horizontal axis but for correct imagining the vertical should be dead on.