What's new

What kind of subwoofer cable do you recommend? (1 Viewer)

I was seriously considering a SVS 20-39 PCi soon and I was just wondering what brands or specific kinds of subwoofer cable you guys recommend. In general and for this sub. Also, except at high volume levels, would I notice a difference between the 20-39 PCi and the PC+?

Robb Roy

Supporting Actor
Neil,

So long as you're not running a real cheap cable, you probably won't hear a difference between subwoofer cables. Of course, if you go the SVS route, they sell BetterCables at a great price, so you'd know you're getting a very good cable and never have to think about it again (Until you upgrade your sub!).

As to the difference between the PCi and the PC+, they should be very similar until the PCi reaches its limits. I'm assuming you'd have the PC+ in its stock tuning configuration -- one port plug and a flip of the SS filter and you've got a different sub on your hands. If what you're really wondering is which one would be better for you, you really should send the guys at SVS an email with your room dimensions and listening habits. They respond very quickly, and will not try to oversell you on a sub.

-Robb

Pablo Abularach

Supporting Actor
When I bought my SVS 25-31 PCi, they offered me a pretty good deal on better cables sub cable, and I went with it. No regrets, very good cable.

NicholasL

Second Unit
I have a Monster Interlink Subwoofer cable, and the Better Cable Silver Serpent. Both very good products. Also heard good things about Acoustic Research. I suppose if you really wanna make sure you're not cutting any corners, you could get Kimber Cable too.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks