1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

What kind of sports jobs are there?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Robert_Z, Jan 27, 2003.

1. Robert_Z

Robert_Z Screenwriter

I have been a sports nut all my life. I wonder, what is there to do in sports, other than being a player or a coach?

I do referee football and basketball, but only in the NBA can you make a career out of it. I am nowhere near that level.

My background is in journalism, but I don't want to be a sports reporter. Every day the same thing, it's either: Coach, you won the big game, how does it feel? OR: Coach, what a heartbreaker...what went wrong?

Are there other sports-related jobs out there for young fellows like me who want to make a good income and somehow be involved in a career in mainstream sports?

2. Shane Bos

Shane Bos Second Unit

I share the same interest Robert. I have had a couple friends suggest TV/Radio commentary but it's a very difficult job to get into. I would like to be the arena anouncer (Goal scored By).

There are also agents and their staff. Sales and Merchandising in the front office, Public relations.