What's new

What kind of speakers to get? (1 Viewer)

Kevinkall

Second Unit
I'm looking to upgrade my 6.1 system with new speakers all around. I want speakers that will work well with my receiver(Kenwood 6070) and my sub(Sony WM40). I have a small living room(18x22?)that opens up to a dinning room off to the side. I'm looking to upgrade slowly and I'm looking to spend between $600-$1000(maybe less because I'm also upgrading to an HDTV). I will use these speakers for 80% movies and 20% music.

EDIT:Also the surround speakers need to be wall mountable.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

David Preston

Supporting Actor
Look at the Energy Take 5.2 they have a very nice finish on them andyou can also get a sub to match when it's time. They are small speakers with great sound. Take a look at them just a suggestion.

Darren Mortensen

Stunt Coordinator
In my opinion, save a large portion of your budget for the loudspeakers. This the one component of your A/V set up that is less likely to change anytime in the near future. HDTV is very new..and priced so. The HDTV market will become more and more affordable every month, not to mention new technology is introduced to the HD format just as often! In the end, the audio reproduction in your system will either compliment or disgrace your video reproduction. So invest in high quality speakers!

I will not jump the HDTV bandwagon until there is 75% or more HD channel availability in my area of the woods. Until then, I enjoy the B&W brand of loudspeakers

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks