what kind of speaker stand to buy for Onkyo SKS-HT500?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by david*mt, Dec 30, 2002.

1. david*mt

david*mt Second Unit

What height of speaker stand should I buy for the front 2 speakers of the Onkyo SKS-HT500? They are 16.5 inches tall and weigh 12.6 lbs each. I have been looking at the Chicago brand stands that they have at Circuitcity but don't know what height to get. Would they be a good choice? I need suggestions from anyone who has this speaker set.

2. Alan Pummill

Alan Pummill Screenwriter

David, I don't have any history with your particular speaker, but a good rule of thumb is to use a stand that will bring the tweeters to as close to ear level as possible. As you can see from my pics, I used 7" stands to bring my tweeters up to ear level. This also improved the bass response on the Monitor 7's.

Hope this helps.

3. Bill**H

Bill**H Stunt Coordinator

David,
    I used Wood Technology 31 inch stands. They look like the ones CC sells. That put the Tweeter at my ear level.

4. Geoff L

Geoff L Screenwriter

Hi David
    After you measure and figure out what height you need in a stand, you might try looking at some stands at Parts Express
    A fairly decent selection of wood, metal, and adjustable stands. Most are very reasonable in price. I think one of their better metal, brass adjustable-tip toes, 3 pillar stands (comes in 3 different heights) is still on sale. Just type in speaker stands in the search box when the page loads.
    Never hurts to look, also their an excellent company to purchase from. No hassle, no question return policey.
    Regards
    Geoff