What kind of op-amps does the Denon 5803 use

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Kelly Scott Rickards, Jul 24, 2002.

1. Kelly Scott Rickards

Kelly Scott Rickards Stunt Coordinator

After reading the secrets review of the Anthem pre/pro, I am curious how strong the Denon 5803 is in this area.

This review mentioned how important the op-amps are to the overall sound quality of the AVM-20's sound quality(I am very impressed how in detail this article is, btw)and I am wondering the same about the 5803.

The article also mentions how great the Anthem's volume control chip is and I wonder how the 5803 measures up in this area.

IMO the Denon 5803 represents the "ideal" reciever in so many ways. So much so that I have my fingers crossed the upcoming pre/pro from Denon= AVR 5803-the amps+firewire/DenonLink connections+on board DSD decoder

Also, is there an email address where one could request brochures on Denon products like the 5803 and DVD players?

2. Yogi

Yogi Screenwriter

Does the 5803 use op-amps? I thought op-amps were frowned upon in the hi-fi world as cheap alternatives to discreet devices.