1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

What kind of cell phone do YOU have?

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by KyleK, Jan 10, 2005.

1. Dave Poehlman

Dave Poehlman Producer

Personal use:
    [​IMG]

Work use:
    [​IMG]

And.. to complete the geek ensemble, I plug this into my laptop:
    [​IMG]

I gave this information to The before.. but, if you have a WAP capable cell phone that can handle MP3 based ringtones, you can just browse your computer over to Walmart.com for example and find a 30 second music sample of your favorite artist. Once you have one you like... just enter the url to the mp3 file into your WAP phone and your phone should download it and give you the option to save and use it as a ringtone.

2. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Founder
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    [​IMG]

Motorola V710 for me.

It's a pretty good phone. Bought it for the fact
    it was the only bluetooth phone Verizon offers.

3. Kyle McKnight

Kyle McKnight Cinematographer

My phone is a duramax from 2001. I've been patiently waiting for the Sony-Ericsson S700 to come out. Looks like it should be anytime now as a Cingular Exclusive S710. I'm with ATT now, so I'll be switching to a Cingular plan when the phone hits. I hope it's this Friday.

4. Tony Whalen

Tony Whalen Producer

Tony Whalen

Great site... still can't save 'em because my provider (Telus Mobility) has the phones locked for downloads. You can only download THEIR approved sites.

I tried downloading the Imperial March. I can hear it...I can even save it as a "snapshot". But I can't set it up as a ringtone. *sigh*

5. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

I also have a company-provided Nokia 3120 GSM cell phone. The best thing about it is the bowling game which passes the boredom for me at times.

6. LanieParker

LanieParker Supporting Actor

cell phone? What's that?

lol. Just kidding. I am thinking I need to get one though. Mostly for emergencies.

7. Mark Shannon

Mark Shannon Screenwriter

I have the same phone as Dave, the Motorola V220:

[​IMG]

I like it. It can take pictures, play back videos (not record them), and the ringtones are great. I got the Motorola Mobile Phone Tools application, which allows me to transfer any audio file directly to my phone. MP3's can be transferred, but a small clip takes up a phenomenal amount of space, and doesn't sound to great though the small speaker. So I've found a website rich in downloadable MIDI's, which sound great on the phone.

8. Yee-Ming

Yee-Ming Producer

Yee Ming Lim
    I had a Nokia 8850 for the past 4 years, but lost it on New Year's Eve **sob sob**

And no, it wasn't while partying that night, it was in the morning, the missus and I had breakfast at a cafe, when we left I forgot to take the phone which I'd put on the table, and that was the end of it...

So right now I'm using her old phone, a Motorola StarTac [​IMG] yes, it still works, believe it or not.

Edit: for the replacement, I'm thinking about either the Nokia 6170 (the stainless steel clamshell), or maybe the new 7270 (art-deco clamshell). The 7280 ("wand" with "navi-spinner") looks interesting, but without a keypad, it seems too fiddly to be easy to use.

9. Robert_Gaither

Robert_Gaither Screenwriter

I usually flip between the usage of my two Nokia's 6600/Ngage QD and my Blackberry 6710. When I go on a trip I take my old Ngage instead of the Ngage QD since it has a radio and stereo outputs and my Asus PPC.

10. KyleK

KyleK Second Unit

Do tell! Mark, you know its all about the ringtones.

Kyle[​IMG]

11. Jeremy Little

Jeremy Little Supporting Actor

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have the V3 RAZR from Motorola/Cingular.

12. RudyN

RudyN Supporting Actor

Rudy Nunez
    I've got a Kyocera KE414 thru Verizon.

13. Tim Glover

Tim Glover Lead Actor

Tim Glover
    Gotta love Verizon's New Every 2...get a new phone every 2 years free or $100 toward a more $$ phone. I just upgraded to the LG VX 7000. Loving it so far! [​IMG]

14. CapnSharpe

CapnSharpe Stunt Coordinator

Audiovox SMT 5600

[​IMG]

15. Stacey

Stacey Stunt Coordinator

Hi Kyle,

The phone will still work if the hinge cracks. In fact it'll work if both hinges crack as long as the wire inside does not break. I work for Asurion (wireless insurance / replacement). :b

16. Mark Shannon

Mark Shannon Screenwriter

Kyle, Music Robot. It's more of a MIDI search engine, but I've been able to find plenty of enjoyable tunes to download.

17. BrianW

BrianW Cinematographer

Brian
    And you both have very clean and nicely-trimmed fingernails.

I have the T-Mobile Sidekick II (aka Danger Hiptop). Email, instant messaging, web access, calendar, qwerty keyboard, and games - all in a cheap, cleverly-designed thin client that lets the Danger servers do all the heavy lifting.

18. Alan Erceg

Alan Erceg Stunt Coordinator

I have the LG Vx7000 from Verizon. I love the phone. Have had no problems with it at all. I work for Verizon though so I can upgrade whenver I want pretty much :)

The coolest thing I like about my phone other than the rotatable camera, and video capabilites is that I can have actual Mp3 ringtones on my phone.

You'll never belive the looks I get when Metallica's "One" blasts from my phone as a ringtone when Im out in public..LOL

19. Scott Bourden

Scott Bourden Second Unit

I use a LG 4600 and my girlfriend got my the hand-me-down LG 6070 I parted ways with.

I recently picked upa data transfer cable off of Ebay, and use a program called BitPim with it. It allows me to go as far to actually edit the file tables, etc. It allows me to upload any picture, or music file I want, with convientant features like auto resizing of pictures to the phone's native resolution, and even allows me to upload MP3's (I cut 8-10 second samples from my favorites) which I use as my rings, and play back in full quality.

I'll be damned is Telus is getting $2 a ringer, when I have a collection of ringers as big as my music collection, and any picture I want, for about $15 CAD and the hour spent learning the program.

20. SarahG

SarahG Second Unit

I have the free Nokia you get for signing on with Sprint for two years. Biggest mistake. I've had to replace the phone once already, and I think I'm about to take the second one back. I'm hoping they will upgrade to something that actually functions properly.