what kind of case is this

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by James Nguyen, Sep 28, 2001.

1. James Nguyen

James Nguyen Second Unit

hoping some of the more knowledgable members here can help me out in identifying what kind of case this is..
    I just picked up a region 0 disc from Korea of Shiri (their top grossing movie of all time that toppled Titanic out there). Anyhow, it's a two disc set in a folder that folds out, but what I'm interested in is the clasping mechanism it uses.
    It's basically two clear "clips" that keep the disc in place without much spinning around, and when pushed to release the disc, they lock into a downward position until the disc is reinserted. Each tab is roughly triangular in shape, and facing away from one another like below..

any one have any ideas? and even better, where I can pick up these keep cases to replace some of my broken hubbed cases?
    Thanks

2. James Nguyen

James Nguyen Second Unit

anyone?
    or does everyone think I'm smoking crack.... [​IMG]

3. Rhett_Y

Rhett_Y Screenwriter

Me thinks smoking crack! J/K [​IMG]

4. Lannie Lorence

Lannie Lorence Stunt Coordinator

I have gotten a few of those cases too. So you are either correct, or I smoke the same brand of crack.
    I love those cases!! They are the best. When the disc is in the case, it ain't coming loose. But it is easy to remove: no muss, no fuss. And there is something deeply satisfying to me in seeing those tabs do their work. When I first got one, I must have spent 10 minutes pushing the tabs in, then back down, in, then back down.
    As to which DVD's I got that they were used for, I forget exactly. Either a few European imports or greymarket bootleg DVDs. And they were just single disc sets, not the 2 disc set fold-out thing you mentioned.
    [Edited last by Lannie Lorence on September 29, 2001 at 03:04 AM]

5. James Nguyen

James Nguyen Second Unit

okay, then it's not just me...
    yes, those things are reallllly nice cases, I'm now more fond of them than any other hub design I've ever seen.. and I have a few broken hubs from my alphas and amarays i'd like to replace....if I could just find out what these are called, maybe I'd have a chance at finding a place that sold blank ones...
    doh.

6. Richard cash

Richard cash Stunt Coordinator

i know exactly what cases your on about. The only place i have seen them being used are for silvers
    ------------------

7. Tom-G

Tom-G Screenwriter

Tom G

8. James Nguyen

James Nguyen Second Unit

M-Locking Mechanism!!!
    Thanks for the link Tom.....now I know what they're called...but hmmm...now to find a place to buy blanks. I knew about inetdvd for replacing amarays, and had been thinking about getting several....but after seeing these babies, I may have a new quest at hand..

9. James Nguyen

James Nguyen Second Unit