What's new

What I've been doing while waiting for my 950 (1 Viewer)

Bill Bradstreet

Stunt Coordinator
I'm actually one of the ones who can wait patiently. I just stole my old Yamaha receiver (RX-V690) from my parents who are in the process of moving into MY house. I was using their RX-V490, but it doesn't have pre-outs... and that's the whole point of the story.
family.room.audio-vi.jpg

First, just plugging the 6.1s into the RX-V490 for the break-in period was great. THEN when they were broken in I was even more amazed. I just hooked up the LeAmps to the RX-V690 and I am astounded at the depth of my 160kbps mp3s. I haven't played a CD or a 320kbps song yet even.
The bass from the 6.1s, since adding the LeAmps is like night and day. The speakers are really shining now. I'm listening to Diana Krall at room temperature (moderate volume; too loud for a conversation). I can feel the bass on the other side of the house. Treble is very clear, but the bass is the big difference I think so far.
When the 950 shows up, it will be dedicated to 100% music with NO sub. ;-) I'm really excited to hear the improvement it will add to this set up. It must do a better job of passthrough than my 690. ;-)
As a side note, I really recommend the Audiotron if you want to be able to play tons of music without switching CDs around (or waiting for a changer to spin). I have 3,500 songs on my desktop in the kitchen all at 160kbps or better. I'm very happy with the results for non-critical listening. Actually, you'd be amazed at how good this is even for critical listening. Eventually, I'll be hiding the audio components behind a sliding door in that wall in the pic. At that point, I'm hoping to get an SACD or DVD-A (or both to put back there too)!
I'll update my sig when the 950 shows up! :)

Bill Bradstreet

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah. I bet I will. :)

Honestly though still the best part is knowing my wife can pick music from her web browser. She is visually impaired and some days can't see at all. With a web browser and screen reader she can navigate and get music going. The audiotron has filled that requirement perfectly.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks