1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

What isolation devices are you using with your pre/pro?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ron Reda, Feb 4, 2003.

1. Ron Reda

Ron Reda Cinematographer

I'm posting this in two places because I'm not quite sure where it goes...

I'm planning on picking up some isolation devices for my Rotel 1066 pre/pro and was kinda curious as to what everyone else is using.

I have been looking into various spikes/cones/half spheres with Black Diamond Racing's "Pyramid Cones" being of particular interest to me.

2. AustinKW

AustinKW Stunt Coordinator

I don't use any. I kinda like the shimmery audio effect vibrations have on the electrical signals inside my pre/pro. Do you find this objectionable?

Austin

3. Roy Van Nostrand

Roy Van Nostrand Stunt Coordinator

Roy Van Nostrand
    What is an isolation device?

4. Kevin C Brown

Kevin C Brown Producer

None- I don't believe they are neceesary *except* for a device with physically moving parts like a turntable or CD/DVD player.

BTW, the cheapest way of doing this that I've found, is to get 4 different diameter, but the same height, rubber stoppers. Chemical supply houses have them. Because all 4 have different amounts of material (i.e., mass), absolutely no resonances will be propegated. But, they are quite cheap. [​IMG]