What is your ultimate dream HT system?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Vlad D, Feb 15, 2002.

1. Vlad D

Vlad D Screenwriter

Vladimir Derenoncourt
    OK, if money was no object (lets say you hit the lotto [​IMG] ) what would be your ultimate system. What speakers, sub, TV (RPTV or FPTV), pre/pro, amps, etc. I'm just curious as to what you guys consider as the best, money not being an issue.
    Vlad

2. Bob McElfresh

Bob McElfresh Producer

Audio:
    I saw in one of the magazines that a company, Meridian?, had a system where the speakers took a digital feed for each driver. Each speaker had mono-block amps for each driver and a D/A converter.
    The central control unit took a DD signal and could do all kinds of processing to equalize, level-adjust, time delay, etc, at the driver level, then sent everything out to each driver digitally.
    Talk about total adjustment & control. The system was about $15K.
    My second-choice audio system would be something like that Martin-Logan set of panel speakers (with the $2,500 center), backed up by some SVS subs.
    Video:
    I know Projectors are said to be the ultimate. But with all the adjustment/options/external box's needed, I'd rather have a good HDTV. My current favorite would be a Pioneer Elite 710 (or the 720 is the current model).

3. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

Good question, Vlad. And I'm moving it to "Polls" so more people can chime in. Hold tight now. ...

4. Bill Lucas

Bill Lucas Supporting Actor

Bob,
    A complete Meridian Digital Theater using the top of the line components (861, 800, 8000 mains, etc.) runs more like $150K. Not sure if you left off a zero by accident. [​IMG]

5. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    I'd probably get Vidikron's top projector and line doubler for about $100k and a nice 120" 16x9 motorized tensioned screen for about another $10k for starters. Then I would get a couple of svs+ subs, Pronto's top of the line amp.

6. Tony_Faville

Tony_Faville Supporting Actor

If money was no object, I would love to have something along the lines of Eddie Murphy's home theater. And as soon as I find a link to the pictures I have seen, I will share.

7. Patrick McCart

Patrick McCart Lead Actor

Patrick McCart
    Video:

16:9 DLP projection system. 10' wide "silver" reflective screen. Progressive scan.

DVD player:

Progressive scan 200+ CD carusel. THX cert.

Audio:

7.1 DTS ES setup also for DD 5.1 EX. THX cert.

Also, I want motor controlled curtains and mattings for the screen, recliners, inclined floor, and dimmer lights.

Plus...a popcorn cooker and fridge for drinks.

8. Justin Doring

Justin Doring Screenwriter

Video: stacked Madrigal MP9s, Snell and Wilcox interpolator, Proceed DVD player, Stewart microperforated 16:9 screen, Tributaries cables.

Audio: Mark Levinson No. 33 monoblocks, Mark Levinson pre/pro, Dynaudio Evidence speakers, Velodyne HGS-18 subwoofer, Nodost Valhalla speaker cables and interconnects, Shunyata Research Powersnakes powercords and Hydra line conditioners.

9. Thomas_Berg

Thomas_Berg Screenwriter

Thomas
    the most expensive Bose Acoustimass system because it must sound good b/c so many people have it. besides, the smaller the speaker, the better...right?
    [​IMG]