What's new

What is Your Single Favorite Thing About Blu-ray (or Other HD) Playback? (1 Viewer)

Gralen

Stunt Coordinator
The one thing I notice was the clarity. I saw Training Day last night and was amaze at the clarity and the detail. I thought I was looking out a window. Plus even though I dont have hdmi reciever( I am getting the yammy 3800 this fall) my 1300 surround are a little more clear.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I'll tell ya one title on which the PQ really looked sharp to me was The Patriot. That one really made me sit up and take notice for some reason.

I don't remember reading in any reviews that it's picture was much better/worse than any other...but it gave me a "wow" kind of moment...even on that smallish screen. :)

Ray_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
R. Ray Rogers II
To me it's the accessing the menu while the disc is in play. I only own one BD and 18 HDDVD's. I have two more HDDVD's on the way and will be buying a couple dozen immediately more. More due to the fact I sold off alot of DVD's for their HDDVD counterparts after doing comparison research. So, all the same content carried over from the DVD's to the HDDVD's and HD videro and sound.
I'm still not going full Blu yet considering I use my best buddy's PS3 as a player at his house. So until profile 2.0 players come out with a reasonable price point, consider my BD collection small.
I've bought several used HDDVD's and all have worked. Only one hasn't due to faulty manufacturing. It was Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow. I heard DeepDiscount got a faulty batch so I'm considering contacting Paramount to get a replacement disc.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks