What's new

What is your favorite YouTube video? (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
They say some of the best films are part of trilogies.

Parts 1 & 2 are posted above on this page (in posts #764 and #771).

You should watch those before enjoying this finale:

Eric_L

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric
This totally needs to be set to horror/suspense music - especially the part when she is in the car and the turkey is stalking around it...
montrealfilmguy said:
all right,
so this video is about a reporter..i'm sorry..she's a PRODUCER in Sacramento who goes to investigate about a couple of turkeys attacking people in some suburb i believe
folks,its almost attack of the killer tomatoes territory.
just like a typical horror flick,i mean you never know,this thing has been attacking joggers and kids apparently,and yet
she goes alone ....
sometimes in life youre looking for the perfect side-splitting Youtube video.
there you go.
the entire 2 minutes is hilarious,but the 1 minute mark has a "savior " that only gets the situation worse for her.:laugh:

the PRODUCER in question.

I cant help but think of the classic WKRP episode.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
The right song does incredible things for a video.

And that said, I stopped at 00:38. This is not a video I want to watch tonight. I need to have the right space for this.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I hate to be insensitive.

But I just wonder what motivates some kid--feeling so much pain--to decide to share that pain by pointing a camera at himself and writing down a series of messages on index cards and showing them to the camera? It's an odd sort of communication and I wonder why it was chosen?

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Holy crap, Neil. Eve's Plum avatar. You've probably had it for years and I've just glossed over it. Their best song is Lost in Space, by the way. And Colleen is smokin'.

Neil J

Stunt Coordinator
[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&list=FL37skr1O_WysolIKGx3fCNw&v=FiOYEo3jiH8[/VIDEO]
Ha ha nice, I just put that avatar up the other day. They are my favorite band.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Somebody the other day called them the '90s Paramore. I'm not so up on Paramore that I can say it's a perfectly apt comparison, but Hayley is pretty much from the same mold as Colleen.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Mike Frezon said:
I hate to be insensitive. But I just wonder what motivates some kid--feeling so much pain--to decide to share that pain by pointing a camera at himself and writing down a series of messages on index cards and showing them to the camera? It's an odd sort of communication and I wonder why it was chosen?
Someone emotionally distressed enough to self mutilate, especially an adolescent, clearly doesn't have normal and sufficient emotional coping mechanisms to reach out for help. Screaming for help online is at least far less self destructive than taking knife to flesh.
And ive seen here hints of people for whom online forums is their primary source of emotional support. Lot of hurting people in the world looking for relief in many different ways.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I get all that, Dave.

The main gist of my confusion is why wouldn't the kid simply look into the camera and give voice to his angst? Where does the technique of holding up one small card after another come from? And he seemed pretty practiced at holding the cards in just the right place for maximum effect. That's not something that just happens. The must've been a monitor he could see to gauge where he should hold the cards and how long to hold them up (depending upon the number of words on each card).

Maybe the "holding the small card" technique is a common internet gambit? I've just never seen it before.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leif_sauce
Recent bookmarks