What's new

What is your favorite scene in "The Final Countdown"? (1 Viewer)

John*C

Stunt Coordinator
My favorite scene is where the tomcats(2 Combat Jets) do a low but speedy and very loud flyover Senator Sam Chapmans Yacht and scare the living daylights with the screaming noise. I wonder about what real people of 1941 would think and act if such a event ever ocured in the begining year of the 1940's for they had *no* propellers, none at all!

I have both R1 2D and R4(Australia) disc, the R4 disc has been watched hundreds of times on my hardware modified in the USA (by a in business for 20 years electrical service)JVC DVD player, which gave the PAL a almost anamorphic 'height' in a widescreen view. I bought the 2 disc limited edition R1 anamorphic right away though.:)

Brent Smith

Agent
I have a couple of fav scenes in that movie... When the ship passes through the "time warp" (for lack of better term)and when the F-14's "play" with the Japanese Zero's coming near the the Nimitz.

DougFND

Stunt Coordinator
Just watched the new Blue Underground issue this weekend.

My favorite scene is probably the last with Lasky seeing Owens and Laurel in the limo. Blew me away when I first saw it (I was 10, I think). Trying to comprehend how they could have been there before the ship even left drove me crazy!

Brent Smith

Agent
True that was a sharp scene as well, since Lasky was totally shocked about it as well. One thing I want to know if the two in the limo had anything to do with the "storm (i.e. "timewarp") in the first place (to make the sure the "loop" stayed closed)?

Tony_Faville

Supporting Actor
But when you see the limo in the beginning of the movie you can only make out one person in the back.

John*C

Stunt Coordinator
Laurel could have been out shopping for when Lasky and her husband would come back. Possible explanation is that it was all done 'before' the actual boarding of Lasky. CAG had insisted all along things only happen once, if the older Mr. Tydeman came aboard and met himself as the younger man who knows what would have happened; but he apparently knew and stayed in the Limo!

Man I still love the look on Senator Chapmans face when CAG was telling the jap pilot what would happen, and Soon Teck Oh playing the jap pilot really did a good job of facial expressions. The words unbelievably heard from the translater to lose control and drop his weapons slowly, before movement caused him to try to defend himself. The actors and actress did a 'top notch' job in pleasing the director, showing him (and me) their talents as acting professionals! IMHO

Most of what I am typing came from watching the Force Video (FV655) from Region 4(PAL) hundreds of times since early 2001 before I got my HDTV. The reason I went to a all regions player was that movie! I still have the disc in the drawer on my right to pop it in an watch pieces in the beginning daily then weekly and 3+ years have gone by. I went out and bought the R1 anamorphic 2D limited edition the day it was for sale!:)

John*C

Stunt Coordinator
Okay well I am off to be on the Gatsby to hear those thunderous tomcats my movie tonight. I sure did enjoy the talk the Jolly Rogers gave about piloting the aircraft in the movie on Disc 2, and some 'heard' of before air force terms from them thar Roger Wilco (s)(Roger-Yes~Wilco-Will Cooperate, Yes I will co-operate). :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks