What's new

What is your favorite "level" in a video game... (1 Viewer)

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
The water temple in Zelda : Ocarina of Time.

Inside the Pit with a Dead Flower and a Piece of a Phone - E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial (Just kiddin'. Was this the worst video game EVER???)
Was there a solution to this? I wanted to kill the game designers. I had no idea what the hell was up with this game.

Joe michaels

Second Unit
There was a level in James Bond Goldeneye for the N64 that i will never forget. You're in a Missle Silo and the Camera pans around in a circular motion until it comes to rest on Bond all with the 007 music going. You then have to work your way to the top collecting various items as you blast bad guys.
That level really put the exclamation point on that game.

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
Castlevania 4: The level with the rotating rooms.
Contra 3: The one where you flew on missles.
Mario 3: Giant world.

~T

Chris Farmer

Screenwriter
Great thread idea. In no particular order, some of my favorites include:
The Marathon Trilogy: Try Again from Marathon, My Own Private Thermopylae from Marathon 2, and Aye Mak Sicur from Marathon Infinity, top notch levels back when Bungie was a Mac-only company, and the trilogy that Halo serves as the prequel to (Alexander Seropian has said that the Halo character is the same dude from the Marathon Trilogy)
Myth: A Long Awaited Party from Myth I and Limbs, Heads, and Smoking Craters from Myth II, two hidden levels that were very much worth playing
Deus Ex, Hong Kong area and Hell's Kitchen, two of the most expansive SPRAWLS I've ever seen in an FPS, you really believe you're in a futuristic city, the game keeps you within the boundaries without feeling like it's cheating
Super Mario World: Donut Plains 1, flying with the raccoon suit in Mario 3 was cool, flying in Mario World for the first time where you could really control things was better
Warcraft II: Black Rock Spire, this level just felt HUGE, you had a small base to use to take out a massive orc encampment, I can't remember how many times I played that level
Civilization II, the built in real world map, with realistic locations enabled, there's just something cool about being isolated in North America as the Americans, developing the technology so your boats can leave coastal areas, and crossing the Atlantic to find the Germans right where they belong
all of the Alien levels from Aliens vs. Predator, take all the traditional FPS rules of movement, and throw them out the window, you can move lightning fast, cling to any surface, drop any distance, and jump 30 feet straight up
X-wing, Death Star Trench, need I say more?
Wing Commander III: assault on Kilrah, ever fired off a planet killing torpedo?
Those are some of my personal favorites, although there are obviously others that elude me at the moment.

Jon W H

Stunt Coordinator
John,

Took me forever to figure out, but you had to "extend" E.T.'s neck while standing on top of the dead flower, as if you were pulling it out. Then it would be brought back to life.

(I think. It's been over 2 decades since I played the darned thing. I think it's in my parents' basement somewhere...)

Then you had to do the same thing in order to get out of the pit, go onto the next (random) pit and (randomly) find the rest of the phone, return to a certain spot and assemble it all for the spaceship to come take you away. The End. (Ugh.)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks