What's new

What is your favorite James Horner score? (1 Viewer)

Nicholas Vargo

Second Unit
Real Name
Nicholas Vargo
I will tell you, I love James Horner's music and I know a lot of you do too. So this thread is for those people who love a cretain score of his. So, what is your favorite James Horner score?

My favorite is his score for "Honey, I Shrunk The Kids". I know, it's not fully original (the main theme is sord of a jazzed-up version of the theme from "Amarcord"), but I don't care. The score for the film fits the movie's world very well and it's absence of availibility on a real copy on CD is disappointing. I want to own this score and I'm not going to own no bootleg copy, thank you very much, but I love this score. It is also very big and the action music for every scene is perfect.

What is you favorite James Horner score?

Please post.

Jan H

Senior HTF Member
I'm something of a film music snob, but I do have a weakness for a couple of Horner's scores: Braveheart and Titanic.

Kristian

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kristian
I know he's not exactly the most original composer, but I do love a few of his scores. Here's my top 5:

1. Braveheart
2. Titanic
3. The Mask of Zorro
4. Legends of the Fall
5. A Beautiful Mind

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
who's gonna start the james horner scores tournament? ;)
in addition to most mentioned, chalk up Sneakers

Justin Doring

Screenwriter
Horner is a hack, but I must admit that his dramatic instincts are superb.

His three best scores are (in no particular order):

Glory
Sneakers
Legends of the Fall

Travis Olson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Travis Olson
Of all his scores, I like Krull the best. My favorite cue is when they are riding on the fire horses or whatever they are called. It fits perfectly and adds a sense of enchantment and magic to the scene.

DavidAC

Stunt Coordinator
I enjoy mostly all of James Horners score but Aliens would have to be the one for me.

I also really enjoyed his score for Star Trek II.

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
Was it Agee Bassett or somebody on this forum that said that the score for Glory was a derivative of Alexander Nevsky?

Oh well, mine are

Glory
Braveheart
Titanic

Andrew_Sch

Senior HTF Member
Braveheart, the very end scene with the throwing of the sword was absolute scoring perfection.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Legends of the Fall, one of the only film scores I listen to over and over and over....

Nicholas Vargo

Second Unit
Real Name
Nicholas Vargo
I also have another favorite: the score for the movie "i Love You To Death". Probably his most original score and it works on every merit of its theme, which represents a great Italian theme heard throughout the film. Probably James Horner's moes innovative score if not his best.

Geoff S

Stunt Coordinator
Some of James Horner's scores are extremely good cause they're so emotionally involving.

I'm surprised that James Honer did Titanic, cause in the past James Horner and James Cameron had a bad experience together when Cameron gave Horner so little time to put the score to Aliens together.

Don't forget Field of Dreams, one of Horner's earliest.

My favorites in order are:

1. Titanic (although too many of the tracks of the first and second CD were so similar)
2. Apollo 13
3. Braveheart
4. Aliens (despite the time he had to put it together)
5. A Beautiful Mind

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
I know I already chimed in, but I want to emphasize that my favorite Horner score is Braveheart...it really works the emotions

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks