What's new

What is your favorite Ice Cream and how much can you eat in a sitting? (1 Viewer)

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Kevin Hewell said:
Ice cream hater/serial killer. I see what they meant.
I don't even know if it's around any longer, but when younger I used to love Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream, especially one made by a local grocery store. Maybe I should have said that in my interview and I might have ended up in a different line of work.

Dr Griffin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zxpndk
Cameron Yee said:
As a kid what turned me off to chocolate chip was the chips used in the ice cream. I expected them to be like the Nestle morsels used in cookies and on some level I've never gotten over it. :lol:
I know there was a brand that used mini chips like the morsels, because I've had it, but I can't remember the brand to be sure but it may have been Friendly's.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Stan said:
I don't even know if it's around any longer, but when younger I used to love Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream, especially one made by a local grocery store. Maybe I should have said that in my interview and I might have ended up in a different line of work.
I have seen Strawberry Chesecake before but I don't recall what brand.

I have eaten Ben & Jerrys Key Lime Pie flavor which is really great, especially if you like key lime pie...
Jay

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
My favorite chocolate chip was Ben & Jerry's Vanilla Chocolate Chunk. No puny chips in there, just slabs of semi-sweet dark chocolate in creamy vanilla ice cream. In some bites, it seemed like there were more chunks than ice cream.

Unfortunately it's no longer sold in stores, and I'm not sure you can even get it in the scoop shops. Though I think Mint Chocolate Chunk is still available.

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
I absolutely loved a Haagen-Dazs one, Peanut Butter & Vanilla, which, as far as I can tell, hasn't been available for years.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Kevin Hewell said:
Most of the "chocolate chip" ice cream I see is more "chocolate shavings". It just doesn't work.
Edy's is like shavings. Breyers still has chips I believe.

This is similar to Peanut Butter (vanilla), most brands seem to carry peanut butter cup. I really just like peanut butter and vanilla ice cream...

Jay

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Yeah. I went through a Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough phase once (back when I was younger and ate a fair amount of ice cream).

And I got really pissed when the chocolate chips were in the ice cream itself (alongside the gobs of cookie dough) rather than actually in the cookie dough itself. Uh, it makes a difference! :biggrin:

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
I went ice cream shopping after work yesterday and bought some Ben & Jerrys Boston Cream Pie and another flavor since it was on sale and noticed that Ben & Jerrys has a Strawberry Cheesecake flavor.......

Did not see any Key Lime Pie though..

Jay

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Jay H said:
I went ice cream shopping after work yesterday and bought some Ben & Jerrys Boston Cream Pie and another flavor since it was on sale and noticed that Ben & Jerrys has a Strawberry Cheesecake flavor.......

Did not see any Key Lime Pie though..

Jay
Boston Cream Pie sounds delicious. Haven't had a Strawberry Cheesecake ice cream in over 20 years. Maybe time to re-awaken an old habit.

ScottHM

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott
My favorite ice cream is Braum's chocolate, but their distribution is quite limited, being mostly in Oklahoma and north Texas. I'm also very partial to Andy's Frozen Custard, but it's also at very limited locations centered around Missouri.---------------

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Aaron Silverman said:
Does Breyer's still make actual ice cream, or just ice cream-like "dairy dessert?"
I made a negative comment about Breyer's way back in the thread, but then I had some and found it wasn't nearly deserving of that. The vanilla I had was at least made with the "real" ingredients -- cream, milk, etc. -- and it doesn't immediately taste like a really high end vanilla, but it's pretty decent stuff and I could eat a pint or so of it at a sitting. In fact, I rather wish that sitting were happening right now.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Oh, Breyer's ice cream-like "dairy dessert" is OK; I was just wondering if they actually still make a product labeled "ice cream." :)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Isn't Breyer's the "all natural" brand? I think all of their products qualify as ice cream.

You may be thinking of Dreyer's (a.k.a. Edy's). They make a bunch of fakeout "dairy desserts."

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
No, if you look at Breyer's packaging, most (if not all) of it doesn't say "ice cream" anywhere.

We have Edy's around here -- not sure I've ever seen Dreyer's on the shelf.

Type A

HW Reviewer
Real Name
Ty

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Ya know, I've never really seen Blue Bell ice cream sold locally in the northeast. I have tried some while I was in Silverthorne, CO at the tail end of my bike tour but haven't seen it elsewhere. I enjoyed the cone I got but didn't know they were available in stores until I saw the I.C. Informants reviews...

Jay

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
We have Blue Bell in supermarkets in South Florida. They even have an old-school Country & Western jingle on the radio!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation482
Recent bookmarks