What's new

What is your favorite game console? (1 Viewer)

Ashley C.

Auditioning
What is your favorite game console from the following:
1. N64
2. PS1
3. PS2
4. Game Cube
5. Xbox
6. Dreamcast
Mine is PS1!:star:

Brian Lawrence

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
1. Dreamcast
2. SNES
3. NES
4. Sega Genesis
5. N64
6. Atari 2600
7. PSX

The newer sytems have not been out long enough for me to consider their rank.

Ryan Potts

Stunt Coordinator
PS2 - movies and games without any extra investment (unless you decide to get the remote/software upgrade)

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Of the current ones, I think I dig the Xbox a little bit more than the PS2, but since I don't own either of them - my opinion is about as valuable as a personal check in a brothel.

I'd have to go with the original Playstation, because it effectively sucked away about three years of my life without me even noticing.

Cary T

Screenwriter
My fav of all-time has to go with Super Nintendo. Some of my favorite games are on this platform...FF6, FF4, FF5(jap), Mario RPG(jap), Earthbound, Zelda, Chrono Trigger, Mario World...the list goes on.
2. Playstation - for all the great RPG's and survival horrors.
3. Dreamcast - for being the best kickass ahead-of-its-time system that no one knows.
4. PS2 - for FF10, Shadow Hearts, Virtua Fighter 4, and the PS1 games.
Microsoft should hang their heads in shame for the XBOX. The system and its games are a utter disgrace. First party games suck and good games are all ports.

Brian Kissinger

Screenwriter
I just recently got a PS2 and I love it. However, I can not yet rank it above the original. And it comes just under my fave, the Dreamcast. I was so sad when they shelved this one. A damn great system.

Marshall Alsup

Second Unit
Out of the list you provided I'd have to choose the PS1. It changed the face of console gaming.

HOWEVER,
Best systems ever are as follows

1. NES - Simply too many great games to list here. I loved this system (and still do!)
2. SNES - Same as NES with a few less games overall that I dug.

-Marshall

Bjorn Olav Nyberg

Supporting Actor
I own a PSX, PS2 and recently got an X-box

In a historical sense, the PSX is the obvious choice for me, as been mentioned before the PSX video game systems did not even appeal and I'm one of the lamest geeks you'll ever hope to find. PSX got me into video game systems and been getting a whole lot of play. The PS2 and x-box are more or less in more direct competition, even with a head start for Sony, with the X-box having the advantage of later technology, but currently I am playing with the x-box more, it is my choice currently. I totally agree with the quality and quantity of games argument, but I buy all my games these days and am more than satisfied with my selection. Besides they said the same thing about the PS2 when it launched, and look how that turned out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks