What is wrong with my collar bone?

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by AaronNWilson, Dec 10, 2003.

1. AaronNWilson

AaronNWilson Second Unit

I was going over a jump on my skis about 10 days ago and when I landed I sorta fell forward and went onto my shoulder. The shoulder felt like it was out of place so I went to a chiropractor and he put everything back right so it felt like my shoulder wasn't pulling on my next.

However the next morning when I woke up it felt like my collar bone wasn't sitting correctly where it connects to the sternum and I was able to pop it back into place by putting my arm down by my side and tensing all my shoulder muscles.

I still have to pop it back into place every morning when I wake up but it seems to be happening less often after the first couple of days.

I guess I could see a doctor, but they never seem to have anything they can do for you, especially since this isn't sore at all. The chiropractor did help it, but it popped back out again.

[​IMG]

2. Keith Mickunas

Keith Mickunas Cinematographer

I'd see an orthepidic surgeon, not a chiropractor. Have some xrays done. It could be broken, or something might be torn. A chiropractor will just pop it back into place again, and that may be doing more damage each time it happens.

3. MikeSerrano

MikeSerrano Second Unit

My collar bone sometimes slips out of place when I sleep on my side. In the morning, I do exactly as you describe above to pop it back in. I've done this for as long as I can remember with no ill effects.

However, it is always better to be safe than sorry. Having a "real" doctor look at it may not be a bad idea.

-Mike