What is up with pillows?

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Eric_L, Sep 5, 2005.

1. Eric_L

Eric_L Screenwriter

I am overruns with pillows. My bed has become a breeding ground. The white fluffy marshmallow-like demons have almost completely taken over. There is hardly room left for me in my own bed.

It all started ten years ago. Prior to that I had a simple existent, my pillow and I were friends. I had two - all that is necessary. Two beautiful down pillows which would cradle my head to sleep. The only trouble they ever gave me was 'bed head'. (I'm certain it is a nationwide conspiracy that could rival the 2000 election)

Then I met m beloved. She had a pillow problem. Her bed had at least a half dozen full sized pillows and even more of assorted smaller sizes. I thought the problem was her... I was so naive.

After the wedding it didn't take long before her pillows inter-bred with mine. Apparently within pillows polyster fiber is a dominant gene. The down was long bred from my pillows. I have only one - whose virtue I guard with zeal. I never leave it alone lest it be accosted by the low-breed polyester mongrels.

Meanwhile the polyester fiber nightmare gets worse. They breed and multiply by the day. Just yesterday I changed my bedding. I left our king sized bed with one down pillow and two of the others. Today, there are four of the monsters! I tremble thinking of tommorow. They are rallying their numbers, surrounding me in my sleep. My hair is their nightly victim, but I fear one night it will be worse. Much much worse...

2. ThomasC

ThomasC Lead Actor

They're having their revenge on you after you destroyed so many in pillow fights.

3. Garrett Lundy

Garrett Lundy Producer

Someone needs to introduce some foriegn 'memory-foam' species to your ecosystem. They should eliminate the native breeds in a week or so.

4. Clinton McClure

Clinton McClure Casual Enthusiast
    Supporter

Clint
    Eric - I have some coathangers, paperclips and christmas lights I'll swap for some pillows. [​IMG]

5. Eric_L

Eric_L Screenwriter

memory foam - pillows with memory.... demon fluffy marshmallow bed embellishment that never forgets...

Mommy!

6. Eric_L

Eric_L Screenwriter

Ack! Allies for the pillow-demons! My only allies are my socks! Yet they disappear with naught a trace...

7. Matt Stryker

Matt Stryker Screenwriter

I have successfully ousted the species from our bedroom by repeatedly throwing them onto the floor instead of neatly stacking them. Their protector gradually got the message; now their only appearance is when the apt is done up for a party.

8. Craig S

Craig S Producer
    Supporter

Craig Seanor
    Have you tried applying silica?? I hear that substance does wonders...

9. Eric Kahn

Eric Kahn Guest

I have been using foam rubber pillows for most of my life, I do not like the Poly-fill variety, and I bought one of those memory foam ones but did not like it as much as my normal foam rubber ones

10. Kevin M

Kevin M Producer

Eric, have you ever had a dream that you were eating a huge marshmallow, and then woke up to find....

11. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    Beware of the Insane-Evil-Pillow-Posse (EPP).

They'll snuff you in your sleep! Do not spread these evil rumors, heathen, you will be assimilated.

Silica does not scare us!

Jay